Cab colours

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Cab colours

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Certainly seems possible - a brownish red rather than reddish brown, if that's not too subtle a distinction.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
majormagna
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by majormagna »

Apologies for bumping the thread (and potentially hijacking it), but I'd like to ask for a bit of clarification...

For locos such as the NER P3/J27, would the initial cab livery (1908) have been scumbled wood effect, or the aforementioned brownish red? I suspect the "Gateshead Green" also previously mentioned would not be applicable to black locos.
Moors Bound
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Sorry - pass.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

As on page 2. Nothing else has come up since.

A total guess , and it may only apply to LNER period.

Passenger Locos appear to have a the Teak effect cab interior e.g D17 @ NRM as preserved. I have seen NER period locos modelled the same way.

Goods locos mucky Red e.g J24 J25 as the photo already shown in the book LNER in Colour.

Re the same photo, somone mentioned Teak colour under the windows, the Cab Windows frames and its runners may have been made from Teak ?.