Great Eastern Railway Society Model Railway Showcase

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

PaulG
NER J27 0-6-0

Great Eastern Railway Society Model Railway Showcase

Post by PaulG »

The model railway Showcase is a new addition to the Great Eastern Railway Society Website and contains many examples of models of, or inspired by, the diverse railways of East Anglia and East London. Most of the modelling is by GERS Members but we have some “Guest contributions”. It is the first of what we hope will be an occasional series of Showcase.

There are nearly 60 exhibits including 25 layouts, a host of individual models depicting the railways of East Anglia and East London and some Digital Modelling. There are also links to films of GER based layouts on Youtube.

The Showcase is divided into four Topic areas:·

Welcome and Guide·
Layouts·
Mixed Bag·
Virtual Modelling.

The Showcase can be found at :
https://www.gersociety.org.uk/index.php ... g/showcase

Paul
RayS
NBR J36 0-6-0

Re: Great Eastern Railway Society Model Railway Showcase

Post by RayS »

Great to see the GERS paying more attention to the modelling world at last. Perhaps eventually we will see closer relations with rtr makers leading to more models - shame TMC dropped the GE version of the G5.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

RayS wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:24 pm Great to see the GERS paying more attention to the modelling world at last. Perhaps eventually we will see closer relations with rtr makers leading to more models - shame TMC dropped the GE version of the G5.
But it was Simon Kohler's approach to me, passed on to GERS Locomotive Co-ordinator Lyn Brooks and his rich set of CAD drawings, that resulted in the Hornby J15 and D16 models. Paul G was closely involved with the new Oxford Rail GE Van versions, which company is also producing the N7 variants.

But we GE aficionados would always be grateful for more interest and will continue to do our best to facilitate more RTR output, and not just in 4mm 8)
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

Good work all around.

Five RTR OO loco models introduced over the last 7 years (if the two LNER developments are included) has been something of a surprise, now what about the three preserved delights lacking a RTR model?
Woodcock29
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Woodcock29 »

I think the J69 is likely in next few years not so sure about J17 and E4.
Andrew
RayS
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by RayS »

The B12/D16/J15 marked the highpoint for me certainly - filling gaps in the roster of typical GE locos.

I built a D16, a J15, a J67, a G5, a C12, a J17, an F4, an E4 and an N7 before they appeared, all far better than my poor efforts, so all praise and thanks to those involved. A J67/69 would be wonderful; an E4 the icing on the cake. As small locos seem to be "in" at the moment we can only hope.
PaulG
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by PaulG »

As 65447 said above, we have had conversations with various manufacturers and there are other items, including the J69 which hopefully will come to fruition. I would guess new items will very much depend on sales of existing GER related items.

The GERS has always provided information to manufacturers, as far back as Mallard Models, D&S Models etc.

Paul
RayS
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by RayS »

let us pray...