LNER class S1

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

d9018ballymoss
NER Y7 0-4-0T

LNER class S1

Post by d9018ballymoss »

Please be patient with me as I have just joined.

I have just bought 3 of Judith Edge's most excellent etchings for myself and 2 friends. It is intended that they ared b uilt in late BR.

Can anyone give advice about where suitable castings can be bought.

Many thanks

Ray Watson
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER class S1

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Welcome to the forum Ray. I imagine you'd prefer metal castings or turnings. Is it possible to get anything suitable from London Road Models, 247 Developments, Alan Gibson, PDK or the former DMR models now with Phoenix Precision Paints? I imagine you may have to know what locos had similar fittings in order to be able to work out what, if anything, in those ranges might suit. I'm not sure that PDK or DMR officially supply separate parts, but you can only ask.

If metal parts are not available, and/or if you don't mind using resin alternatives, I may be able to provide "near enough" suitable chimney, dome and snifting valve if you don't mind waiting until I've made more progress on some modelling objectives of my own.

Graeme King
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Woodcock29
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Woodcock29 »

PDK certainly sell parts like domes and chimneys separately. I got some D11/1 parts last year.
Andrew
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Further thought suggests....Subject to availability and acceptability of prices, there's also the Markits range of fittings to consider too, plus, if you identify the current sources, the former Blacksmith models range and the surviving or re-introduced parts of the South Eastern Finecast and Nu-Cast ranges. It used to be the case that you could have virtually any part from any SEF kit at quite reasonable prices.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.