Branchlines and Kean-Maygib products

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Branchlines and Kean-Maygib products

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

GOOD NEWS:

Notwithstanding the lack of a slick, up-to-date website, Branchlines appears to be alive, functional, and carrying useful KM buffer stock. A message last night to the e-mail address given in the now rather old "Branchlines Blog" brought forth a reply from Brian this morning, confirming availability and enclosing a pdf listing other loco, coach and general accessories. I've just supplied my address by further e-mail and completed an order for several items by phone, using credit card for payment.
NB They are closed for a break for a minimum of 2 weeks after today.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Branchlines and Kean-Maygib products

Post by jwealleans »

You'll have the chance to browse in person in November, all things being equal. He's usually there.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Correct items all received by First Class post this morning too, so thanks to JW for nudging me back in the direction of Branchlines.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by john coffin »

maybe we should also give a hand to the Royal Mail for actually delivering that quickly!!!!!

Paul
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Yes, rather better than two of their performances I encountered last winter, firstly taking approximately six weeks to deliver a small parcel to Cambridge, and then well after Christmas taking a fortnight to take another small one from Grimsby to the Leeds area...

Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Dave »

Thats because Grimsberg relies on stage coaches, and highway men and cut throats roam the umade country lanes of Linconshire. Do you have the round wheel yet. Oneday you may get the wonder of oil lamps and semaphore communication.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

You forgot to mention the marshes, the alleged all-pervading smell of fish, and the lack of electricity, clean drinking water or flush toilets, as imagined by anybody who has never actually been here. Not that we want any old Tom, Dick or Harry turning up and treating the place like home - it's ours, and we're keeping it that way...

jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

4157WKVrCSL._AC_.jpg
4157WKVrCSL._AC_.jpg (24.08 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Dave »

Don't worry Graeme, I've been to Grimsberg, I had an office there once when I was with Hewitt Brothers Brewery. I know about all the rest.
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

Atlantic 3279 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:12 pm You forgot to mention the marshes, the alleged all-pervading smell of fish, and the lack of electricity, clean drinking water or flush toilets, as imagined by anybody who has never actually been here. Not that we want any old Tom, Dick or Harry turning up and treating the place like home - it's ours, and we're keeping it that way...
But you forget the two good things that come out of Grimsberg Graeme.....

The A180 & A16 🤣🤣🤣
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired