Alexander models

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Alexander models

Post by earlswood nob »

Good morning all

Whatever happened to Dave Alexander's kits?

I gained the impression that he sold the business when he was taken ill, but it doesn't seem to have surfaced since.

Earlswood Nob ( a signal box to the south of Earlswood station, until the line was quadrupled in 1897)
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Alexander models

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Perhaps one of our colleagues in the North East has the inside story? A disappointing number of small producers' ranges seem to pass into new ownership never to be made again...
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

earlswood nob wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:37 am...Whatever happened to Dave Alexander's kits?

I gained the impression that he sold the business when he was taken ill...
Wasn't aware of that; thought he still owned it at the time of his death, in which case it's also possible that the range may have died with him. Who knows?
johndon
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by johndon »

As I understand it, the business was sold just before Dave's death to a gentleman from Harrogate. I believe that the intention was to re-introduce at least some of the kits but I've heard nothing since and the introduction of RTR versions of some of his kits, the Consett Iron Ore wagons in particular, won't have helped...

John