Accurascale with a Buckjumper

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Accurascale with a Buckjumper

Post by Hatfield Shed »

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/ ... s-lner-j68
Excellent subject choice, can't have too many of the small black LNER group locos in RTR model form.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Accurascale with a Buckjumper

Post by jwealleans »

Should be a wave of kits on Ebay soon, then. Good.
Seagull
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'
Location: Between a cheap railway station and a ploughed field

Post by Seagull »

An interesting development but I find it very curious that the LNER livery chosen is about the shortest lived incarnation possible.
Still I suppose those parties that want an LNER one will probably renumber & letter it anyway.

Wrong area for me though applying Rule No.1 I might take a punt at a GER blue one.

Alan
Playing trains, but trying to get serious
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Could possibly be of interest, once the quality and accuracy of production-run examples has been tested and proven, also when the initial mass enthusiasm and over-pricing has worn off a bit. Definitely won't be pre-ordering a "pig in a poke".
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by strang steel »

A few J67/69s did find their way to Lincoln and Colwick in the late 1950s, so I might be able to stretch imagination a little with a renumbering effort.

One would be a great lightweight loco for shunting at my wagon repair shed, when I have actually completed the building and track layout.
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/