GNR Quad Arts in 4mm scale

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

GNR Quad Arts in 4mm scale

Post by 65447 »

Just announced by Ellis Clark under his Clarkworks Trains label: https://www.ellisclarktrains.co.uk/blog ... rt-coaches

Unfortunately not the right choice to go with Accurascale's 'Buckjumpers' :roll: but nevertheless good news for many modellers on here.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: GNR Quad Arts in 4mm scale

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Especially if the "teak" is compatible with other recognised good renditions of the colour/graining and if mere financial mortals find the prices affordable.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

They're £325 a set. 4 Teak, 2 BR Crimson and 4 BR maroon.
So as they ran in double sets, that's £650 please.
£60 odd is about the going rate for teak carriages and if these are as good as they make them out to be at £81.25 per carriage, start saving or speak to your plastic friend.
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

Never mind RTR locos that aren't in production yet, ideal for the long time available N2, also regularly seen with the N7, and at one time or another will have been hauled by practically any class allocated between KX and Peterborough. One fine example is a well known colour photo of a set behind a C1 on the down fast in the six track section between Hatfield and WGC, which I expect was giving the passengers a lively ride, passing an N2 on the Luton branch.

Those of us with the railway interest were rather sad to see the last sets go in 1966, as they had so much GNR character; both in appearance and their spartan qualities of ride and interior space.
Atlantic 3279 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:38 pm Especially if the "teak" is compatible with other recognised good renditions of the colour/graining and if mere financial mortals find the prices affordable...
Way too young to have seen these in LNER service, but what colour pictures are available suggest a soot stained exterior would be most realistic, except for the first few days after general overhaul. Not an ideal finish for a vehicle operating a high proportion of mileage in tunnels. (They remained pretty grubby even in the final years of diesel traction.)
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by strang steel »

Kestrel wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:40 am They're £325 a set. 4 Teak, 2 BR Crimson and 4 BR maroon.
So as they ran in double sets, that's £650 please.
£60 odd is about the going rate for teak carriages and if these are as good as they make them out to be at £81.25 per carriage, start saving or speak to your plastic friend.
Wow. That is a large chunk of money. Although, anyone who can afford to construct an southern ECML layout or model of Kings Cross might not find it too much of an expense; although they may need a minimum of 4, so they can have a set at York Road and another coming up via the Hotel Curve.
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Seeing that the old Kirk kits seem to be making a come back with another producer (see below) they might have some competition.

https://www.hamodels.net/ex-kirk-4mm-ln ... -kits.html

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

strang steel wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:44 pm ...That is a large chunk of money. Although, anyone who can afford to construct a southern ECML layout or model of Kings Cross might not find it too much of an expense; although they may need a minimum of 4, so they can have a set at York Road and another coming up via the Hotel Curve.
Not quite so painful for BR(ER) end of steam into diesel period, where one of the few surviving sets will do. If you want full size trains - I do - then the price is much the same whether it is ten Pullman cars, a dozen or more gangwayed stock assortment for an ECML express, a six car Cravens DMU set; and don't start me on fifty or more wagons, even if all kit built... But it's so worth it. :D
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by strang steel »

Hatfield Shed wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:01 pm
strang steel wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:44 pm ...That is a large chunk of money. Although, anyone who can afford to construct a southern ECML layout or model of Kings Cross might not find it too much of an expense; although they may need a minimum of 4, so they can have a set at York Road and another coming up via the Hotel Curve.
Not quite so painful for BR(ER) end of steam into diesel period, where one of the few surviving sets will do. If you want full size trains - I do - then the price is much the same whether it is ten Pullman cars, a dozen or more gangwayed stock assortment for an ECML express, a six car Cravens DMU set; and don't start me on fifty or more wagons, even if all kit built... But it's so worth it. :D
Sorry, I wasn't intending to be rude. It is just my tongue in cheek cynicism (aka jealousy) given the current prices. I would love a model of Kings Cross in the steam/diesel transition period, but would need a lottery win - so its unlikely to happen.
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/