Micks 4mm LNER Models

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER now ex NER Hoppers + CCT Update

Post by mick b »

Hi

The etches are here

http://www.finescale.org.uk/show_page.php?pid=109#a

underneath the Hopper and Brake Van listing as add on etches you can also build the side brake levers from the etch

Mick
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER now ex NER Hoppers + CCT Update

Post by Robpulham »

Cheers Mick
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: NER Hoppers + CCT NR Gunpowder Van + Rivets

Post by mick b »

CCT finished with Beading and Brake Rods . I think it looks better with the beading. :D

NBR Gunpowder Van awaits a light coat of Railmatch frame dirt + a good dusting + sort out the Gunpowder lettering :lol:

View of the roof I have used the Rivet transfers again . They have worked very well

Mick
Last edited by mick b on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Re: NER Hoppers + CCT NR Gunpowder Van + Rivets

Post by 45609 »

Those look really good Mick. The rivet transfers really work well. I must get some to try out. By the way don't forget to take the masking off the wheels of the gunpowder van. :wink:

Cheers....Morgan
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: NER Hoppers + CCT NBR Gunpowder Van + Rivets

Post by jwealleans »

Now it's too late, Mick, I've found another picture of that D25 CCT. It's on p 109 of A Portrait of the North Eastern Railway, published by the NERA. It's not a full shot - the vehicle is partly cut off at the very front of the shot. Good view of the beading, though.

I take my hat off to you for doing those rivets. How did you get your lines so straight?
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Hi J
The rivets are easy !! They are printed onto a sheet covered in decal film you simply cut them out in strips to the required lengths. Then onto model with a drop of Microscale to help them to adhere.

cheers Mick
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Hoppers finished

Bachmann J39 . I have now built my baseboards and will use this as a test hack for track laying.

Mick
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

Great work Mick, fantastic hoppers :)
The user formerly known as Bass.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Yep, lots of weathering! (unlike the pictures I posted of mine)

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: ex NER + J39 Loco

Post by mick b »

Been busy building some baseboards. As a result of the forthcoming layout a visit to the loft has produced the following locos. I have a few more to dust down as well. All have been stored for nearly 20 years and they all work after a drop of oil!!

K's ex NER Y8 a favourite of mine and still has a working K's motor which is over 20 years old!!

K's ex GNR C1 fitted with Anchorage D11 as all the following locos either D11 or D13 they may not be fashionable/available now but all work really well.

McGowan V1/V3

Millholme A2/3 Ocean Swell not as good as my recent DJH version in the detail department. She weighs a ton and goes like a ?? :lol: train!!
Only one of her as light was poor and the others I took were out of focus.

Lastly a Townstreet half relief building. Some quite large gaps on building the kit, mainly on the roof parts, a easy fix using polyfilla and some light carving.

Mick
Last edited by mick b on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Re: ex NER + J39 Loco

Post by Frazmataz »

Those locos are gorgeous Mick, I wish I was that good! :shock:
The user formerly known as Bass.
wehf100
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Re: LNER ex NER , GNR and a Townstreet Building

Post by wehf100 »

those locos are very special, without wanting sounding too sycophantic!

Have you considered etched windows or scratch-built microstrip windows for the townstreet houses?- the plaster sashes look rather heavy compared to what can be done in metal or brass!

thanks as always for posting the pictures,

Will
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER now ex NER Hoppers

Post by mick b »

Bit the bullet on this one and now have the lettering from Precision Decals and the body is nearly finished.
In the photo the Elephant Truck body appears to be quite a dark colour. I dont think the teak colour is quite right as used above. Any suggestions as to what the colour maybe? I am thinking GWR Chocolate Brown or similar????

dsc0002vd2.jpg
Mick
Bill Bedford
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: LNER now ex NER Hoppers

Post by Bill Bedford »

mick b wrote: In the photo the Elephant Truck body appears to be quite a dark colour. I dont think the teak colour is quite right as used above. Any suggestions as to what the colour maybe? I am thinking GWR Chocolate Brown or similar????
NER NPCS were coach red. LNER NPCS were brown. I have been told that the colour used was goods stock bauxite that was then given a couple of coats of varnish.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER ex NER back to the Elephant Truck

Post by mick b »

Thanks Bill ,
Getting !complicated !!. I am wondering if its NER Crimson with works using up old paint? . Campling Orange volume states Teak paint including solebars.

This is how far the CCT has got awaits primer and remainder of brake gear around wheels. then the dreaded colour for the body !! (rocking w iron is loose) . Archer Rivet transfers , plates etc from Mainly trains detail etch.
elephant van 2.jpg
This my other Dia 25 in black & white for comparison
elephant van.jpg
Mick