A V2 in O Gauge - GeoffB

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

GeoffB
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by GeoffB »

Hi Again,

I forgot to add taht I am looking to ad a couple of C12s to the stud - which kit did you build?

GeoffB
61650GTFC
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by 61650GTFC »

Hi there

Thank you for your kind offer. Most of my O gauge locos have hardly ever run as the clearances on them are too tight to go round the tight curves in my dads garden and i have no where to build a layout at present.

The C12 is an old Wagon and Carriage works kit i got off ebay some time ago. Meteor models i believe make it now. The etchings where really good and it fitted together well.

If you cant get hold of that one, Ace products do a C12. Having just got an Ace K2 and seen the Ace J6 i would probably go for the meteor kit as it is really simple to make.
GeoffB
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by GeoffB »

Hi GTFC,

Thanks for the info on the C12 - after battling with the V2 (still ongoing!!) to get it right - re-rolling boilers and remaking a lot of parts! - I think that an easy kit will be nice to built for once. I have built the connoisseur J71 and it is a lovely kit to build - everything fits! Shame Jim doesn't do the V2s and the like.

I have just bought a J63 from GP Models and the instructions are very comprehensive and the etchings look good, so looking forward to building it later in the year.

Might get to the show on Monday - are you there?

Regards,

GeoffB
61650GTFC
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by 61650GTFC »

I was going on Monday but it looks like i might miss it now. Ive been going to York since I was a toddler and never missed a single show since so it will be a shame. If i do manage to get there I will post on here tomoro but it is looking doubtfull.

If you have made connoiseur kits you should have no trouble with the c12. The c12 had a similar feel and design to it as some of their kits.