Atlantic's works: Portable layout update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Pebbles
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: Atlantic's works: A coach revisited

Post by Pebbles »

Putting the rivets on should be fun!
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Surely you can already see the rivets, neatly countersunk, stoppered up, rubbed down, primer applied etc? Just as they should be for the period when things were done properly. Anybody who wants to substitute ugly, slack-practices, raised-head rivets will have to do so for themselves.

I think Steve may be on to something......
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
LNER4479

Post by LNER4479 »

"I think Steve may be on to something......"

He's been to the Dark Side (but obviously survived) :D

(Your 5,000th post Mr 3279. I'm flattered!)
(recreating pre-war Grantham in model form http://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9076.
Forthcoming exhibition appearances: Newcastle (Nov 2023); York (Easter 2024); Bristol (May 2024)
Atso
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Atso »

Atlantic 3279 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:51 am I think Steve may be on to something......
I've spent many an hour looking over the drawings for two locomotive which would use this boiler for a couple of long term personal N gauge projects so it is relatively easy to spot (not really, I just put two and two together and apparently, for once, made four!). Unfortunately, my own versions will have to wait a bit longer as, once I've got my current crop of commission out of the way, I've got a somewhat larger (and more complicated) locomotive to design and build for someone and will have to console myself watching things progress in the larger scale on here and the 'dark side'.
Steve
iainkirk
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by iainkirk »

Suburb of Manchester naughtiness... :?
Perfection is impossible, however I may choose to serve perfection - Robert Fripp
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Hello! More than maybe.....

All revealed at
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12925&sid=fce0be71f ... 1c#p128885
and subsequent pages.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Atlantic 3279 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:50 pm Hello! More than maybe.....

All revealed at
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12925&sid=fce0be71f ... 1c#p128885
and subsequent pages.
Very nice work gents. Impressive stuff.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I'm doing another resin demo at the NEC this coming weekend so please come along and have a look.

On a more serious note one or two people who have mentioned a desire for resin bits to collect from me at the show have failed to respond to recent e-mails, so in the hope that they may be looking at this will they please note that under the show rules for demonstrators I CANNOT TAKE PAYMENT AT THE SHOW, SO ANYBODY WANTING TO COLLECT PARTS MUST MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH ME REGARDING ANY NECESARY PAYMENT TODAY OR TOMORROW.
It is also now too late to request any further parts for collection at the show.

Quicksilver95
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by Quicksilver95 »

Whilst I don't have anything on order, I do plan to be there on the Saturday and will most certainly try to come see the demo. After many years of following this forum it will be nice to put a face to the name. Seeing the excellent models you produce has been a constant source of inspiration to me - that one day I might just produce something nearly as good as a Graeme King model. The same can be said of Messrs Weallans, Wright and Rathbone, who I am also looking forward to seeing, all being well.

Are there particular demonstration times? Or are the demos ongoing? Would certainly like to plan my day to be able to stop by at the right time.

Joshua
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Demos run almost throughout the show, although we do disappear at times to suit ourselves for necessary breaks. You should avoid the last half hour (or hour?) on the Sunday for a planned visit to a demo as it has been normal practice in recent years for the demonstrators to be encouraged to clear up and be ready to leave promptly at close of show so that space can be created for those needing to dismantle and remove the large exhibits.

Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

Be seeing you Saturday (curry cobs in bag!!)

Anything special this year in demo?
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Resin castings with a hint of curry flavour?

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Atlantic's works: More old images restored

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

After (in hindsight) an overload of weekends away during the late Summer and the Autumn, mostly but not all to do with model railways, each one requiring preparations, plus the push to get the first large batch of B3/B7 loco castings ready as well as completing previously requested resin items for others, I've put all new modelling projects on hold in recent weeks to give myself chance to draw breath, tidy up, deal with overdue home / car maintenance, and get ready for Christmas.

What I have started to find time to do, after a year of no further progress, is some more restoration of images that disappeared from this thread when the Imageshack and Photobucket Highwaymen started to demand money for previously promoted "free" image hosting. There's still a big hole between pages 90 and 215, but I'll try to keep chipping away at the problem over the festive season.

Danby Wiske

Re: Atlantic's works: More old images restored

Post by Danby Wiske »

Atlantic 3279 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:38 am ... I'll try to keep chipping away at the problem over the festive season.
Many thanks Graeme - your efforts in this direction are much appreciated! :)
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

Atlantic 3279 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:51 pm Resin castings with a hint of curry flavour?
Is turmeric a recognised release agent :?: