need help with my WD 280

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

daveinstoke
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

need help with my WD 280

Post by daveinstoke »

I am currently finishing a Cornard WD 280 that was started by my dad years ago. The loco, even though its a white metal kit, uses the Joeff 141R chassis & tender drive. I need some detailing help with the loco such as a decent picture of the boiler detail etc., plus the kit comes with 2 westhouse pumps. The Tender I am not happy with, even though the main body is OK the motor unit via the 141 loco leaves something to be desired, (basically its crap) the tender frame & axle box's act as a skirt. Is there a better option but still using the Tender body to have a better looking frame & wheel set up but still having the tender drive? so if anyone has I think its the Bachman WD could I please have a picture of it!

Dave.
Bullhead
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Bullhead »

Is this any good?

So - did anyone dare tell Stephenson, "It's not Rocket science"?
daveinstoke
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by daveinstoke »

Can I be cheeky & have a picture of the other side of the Loco as well.
Cheers mate
Dave.
Bullhead

Post by Bullhead »

Fireman's side, as requested.

daveinstoke
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by daveinstoke »

Thanks for the pictures, this has put to bed the Loco detail. The problem is now the Tender. Is the Bachmann Loco a tender drive? The problem with the Cornard model is that the tender's frame looks and is out of proportion with the rest of the Loco due to the 141 drive unit & bogie wheels that are hidden. The Bachmann site does not show any spares for the WD. Any suggestions guys?
Dave.
Bullhead

Post by Bullhead »

The Bachmann WD tender is unpowered - the motor drives the loco chassis. I don't know, off the top, of any Bachmann tender drive set-ups.