LNER loco green

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

LNER loco green

Post by rob »

Hello I'm a new correspondent based in West Cork,Ireland and victim of an LNER addiction since I was about 7 when an equally addicted uncle tried to show me how conjugated valve gear works on the back of the proverbial fag packet! I am a bit remote here though and will probably be asking a lot of annoying questions......heres the first.
RCTS part one mentions variations in loco green and I am aware of Doncaster/Darlington but what about Stratford? The "Bible" states "the Stratford green not so light{compared with Darlington}but lighter than that of Doncaster and the remaining works".I am well forward on building aPDK B12/1 and am wondering can anyone advise me on a paint match?I Normally use Railmatch and have both their shades.Photos point to a shade closer to Doncaster green but has anyone a better suggestion? Thanks,look forward to your help.
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Just to throw something else in to the equaision, I saw a Mintrix Scotsman on Ebay recently, it said 'In Robin Hood Green!'
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

So would that be "Errol Flynn" green, "Sean Connery" green, "Michael Praed" green, or sacrilige-beyond-sacrilige "Kevin Costner" green? :-)

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Hey, I like that film, I went to the Premier in York, with free tickets, and food and drink, I was about 11 at the time!
:cry:
Look here!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/N-GAUGE-TRIX-FLYI ... dZViewItem
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

LNER loco green

Post by rob »

Hmmm.......thats got you all going....LNER enthusiasts men in tights!!!! perhaps we had better drop the subject before it gets out of hand...I think I'll play it safe and stick with Doncaster green....maybe I'll watch Shrek again and see if thats any help.Cheers for now,I'm off to track test the B12 for bogie and tender clearances!