Rob P's 7mm Loco Workbench - LNER 06 from MOK 8F

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Rob P's 7mm Workbench - Severn Painted at last!

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Lovely :) . Will you use that prototypically now as the contractor's loco during construction of your railway?
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Now there is a thought. A legitimate reason for it's existence in my modelling world.

Much as I have enjoyed it as an exercise in scratch building, before your post I was thinking that it doesn't remotely fit with my modelling interests but maybe it does at a stretch :idea:
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

It looks a bit like a Meakin & Dean loco, get that London extension built.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

52D wrote:It looks a bit like a Meakin & Dean loco, get that London extension built.
I have got to get out of Wakefield and down towards Donny sorted first :roll: - I think I may save the London extension for my last scratch build in the very distant future (I hope :D )
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Lovely Loco .

Perhaps its the photo? Why are the Vacumn Pipes so enourmous compared to the actual Loco? This is said as I dont know the prototype.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Hi Mick,
I know what you mean they are big in reality but they were that size on the photos of the prototype that I used to verify the details.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

cheers Rob well done
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

While off last Friday I managed to get a marathon session in on the A3 by drilling 71, 0.3mm holes in the boiler top for Scale Hardware rivets. Now I am a rivet counter!! :D

They still need clipping off and gluing but having spent all afternoon and while 11.30 on Friday night drilling them I needed a break.
Boiler with rivets 2.JPG
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

And keep taking the tablets :wink:
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Atlantic 3279 wrote:And keep taking the tablets :wink:
That could explain why we are nearly week further on and all I have done is take a couple of photo's
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Well further progress has been made including removing all those patiently applied rivets - after some advise and further research I couldn't find any evidence to support them being there. I haven't filled the holes just yet in case a photo to the contrary turns up.

Meanwhile I have done further work on the boiler detailing although I wish I had fitted the hand rails to the sides of the boiler before the smoke box door as I will now need to lower the handrail on the door to line up with the ones on the smoke box as they curl around.
2750 Papyrus 001.JPG
2750 Papyrus 002.JPG
I have also done a little more to the tender having painted the chassis and given the body a first coat of Railmatch Doncaster green. I painted the tender wheels too and had a go at lining them - I suspect that they never got lined in reality but I wanted to practice and I can always paint over it.
2750 Papyrus 008.JPG
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Rob P's 7mm Workbench - 2750 Papyrus

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

You must thave been quite downhearted regarding those boiler-top rivets Rob. Not a Samaritans job I hope :| .

2512silverfox

Post by 2512silverfox »

Rob

Sorry to spoil all your hard work but not only were the tender wheels unlined, they were actually black and not green!

Nil illigitimis carborundum!

Nick
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Hmm. I did the same with a 4mm D21.

Pass the black paint. And the tablets... :mrgreen:
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
Malcolm
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by Malcolm »

Well further progress has been made including removing all those patiently applied rivets - after some advise and further research I couldn't find any evidence to support them being there. I haven't filled the holes just yet in case a photo to the contrary turns up.
Hate to spoil your day further, but as for photgraphic evidence of rivets on top of the boiler........check this photo.

Malcolm
The world is seldom what we wish it to be, but wishes don't change it.