Rob P's 7mm Loco Workbench - LNER 06 from MOK 8F

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Rob P's 7mm Loco Workbench - Always something going on..

Post by Robpulham »

I have added a little more detail to the back head in the form of some gauge glasses made from strips of 1mm perspex and a couple of dials that I will attach to the cab front once stick it in to the cab. Plus a planked cab floor from coffee stirrers

My compressor made a bid for freedom and smashed itself to bits on the floor so the painting of Nellie has stopped while the replacement arrives.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

I had a mass painting seesion over the long weekend with quite few of my Slaters/parkside wagons now ready for transfers. I also did a bit more with the cab detail of Nellie and thought I would take a couple of photos as once it gos inside it won't be possible to get the same angle shot again.

Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Some time ago when I made the oil can from a few scraps of brass someone asked about a tea billy - well I didn't make one but I discovered by chance a set of castings http://www.peteroles.co.uk/newsite_065.htm that included one - a bit fiddly to paint and the photo is a very cruel close up.

The castings from Peter Roles are only a fiver and when I sent a cheque off for some they were sent by return of post without waiting for the cheque to clear.

marksouthcoast
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by marksouthcoast »

Rob ive just read through your posts im impressed with you model making.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Thanks Mark.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Robpulham wrote:Some time ago when I made the oil can from a few scraps of brass someone asked about a tea billy - well I didn't make one but I discovered by chance a set of castings http://www.peteroles.co.uk/newsite_065.htm that included one - a bit fiddly to paint and the photo is a very cruel close up.

The castings from Peter Roles are only a fiver and when I sent a cheque off for some they were sent by return of post without waiting for the cheque to clear.

Ay up that would be our very own BB he will be asking you to model bits for the drivers chips next. Never mind another nice modelling touch by yourself.
P.S. Can you find a model barber your crew are very hirsute
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

52D wrote: P.S. Can you find a model barber your crew are very hirsute
That would be a nice touch, I do admit that I will not be using this particular range of crew again... but it's more from the drivers pose than the hair do's....
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

I have very much kept this under wraps since deciding to do it in lined green but it's not turned out too shabby in the end....

My first finished attempt (the A3 is still work in progress) at lined green LNER livery. Done using the combination of Transfers, Bow Pen, Bow Compass, and Peter Spoorer lining pen (Like a Bob Moore but cheaper). Lot's of experimentation with paint thickness's and a fantastic learning curve. Who would have thought that you could get away with leaving the lid of a can of paint for 2 days let alone that it would make it better to use.....

mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

I would think that the tops of the Tanks would be Black?. Wheel centre lining is a circle in all lined LNER Locos I have seen in photos.
Is this a actual prototype or a freelance Loco? Probably the camera but the Loco appears to be sitting/leaning forward slightly.
Post war livery!! the crew look like Victorians with the large beards and haircuts to match !!!!

Nice build well done.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Thanks Mick,

Yes it's very much a fictitious/freelance loco, one of the reasons that one of the crew has livid ginger hair!
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Good !! Thought Id never seen one before !!
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

I think on a lined loco the buffer housings would be black as well, but nonetheless that's rather fine, Mr. P, congratulations.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

jwealleans wrote:I think on a lined loco the buffer housings would be black as well, but nonetheless that's rather fine, Mr. P, congratulations.
Thanks Jonathan, I think that will leave well alone now though but I plan something similar for a J71 down the line - I worked of a photo of a J71 in LNER Locos in colour for this one. Come to think of it that didn't have black buffers - but they were lined black and white on the ends but I chickened out of that.....
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Oh, Rob, what a little beauty!

Apologies to the Titfield Thunderbolt...
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
Rustynuts
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by Rustynuts »

Hi, I thought it was about time I stopped lurking and say that I'm very impressed with what I'm seeing and reading, it's a pleasure to see the enthusiasm that people have for others work and I hope that it encourages them to push the limits.

Anyway heres one I did recently in 7mm.