NER loco's

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Rlangham
LNER P2 2-8-2

NER loco's

Post by Rlangham »

I'm thinking about making a list of all locomotives produced in kit form (theres non made in ready to run, sadly) of the North Eastern Railway. Would anyone be interested in this?
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I guess you mean OO, because there are some RTR NER locomotives in N, although I'm not sure if they have been produced in NER livery in addition to LNER and BR. (Union Mills sell/have sold a D20, J25, and J26).

Come to think of it, don't Bachmann produce a J72 in OO?

I have a lot of models and kits listed on my pages, although they are far from complete. If you produced a list, I could transfer them across to my locomotive pages. Having a list of locomotive kits in one place will probably prove useful for other people.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
LNERandBR
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by LNERandBR »

Bachmenn do procuce a J72. Dont think its in NER Livery though
By Stephen

Mad about the LNER, BR Eastern region in the 50's, Rail Blue Diesels and Sectorisation era.
Rlangham
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Rlangham »

Cheers, forgot about the Bachmann J72! I have two of these, one of them is an old Mainline models one, which someone has painted in NER livery, doesn't work though and theres bits missing. Haven't heard about the Union Mills locos before, are they any good? Very interested in these, especially the J25 and J26
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Union Mills is a small one-man outfit based on the Isle of Man. He prefers to keep small and only sell direct. Good customer service and I've always received a reply by return of post in the past.

To keep costs down, locomotives are chosen with generally simple designs, inside valve gear, and simple liveries. Tender drives are standard with loco pickup on one side, and tender pickup on the other.

I have their J39 and it usually runs well. I need to check the back-to-back on the tender, and clean the wheels though. Cast metal so a decent weight. LNER locos have included a Q2, B12, J25, J26, J39, and D20. The D20 is reportedly out of scale and will not be produced again although I hear it might be replaced with a different NER 4-4-0. It seems that only 3-4 types are ever in stock at any one time.

Recent releases have been from the LMS including an LNWR G2.

Contact details are right at the bottom of this UK Model Shops page:

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/counties/ ... s/2mm.html

And there's a brief BRM review of the G2 here:

http://www.brmodelling.com/reviews/show ... .asp?id=35

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia