York Show comes up with great layouts

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

York Show comes up with great layouts

Post by Tom Quayle »

Following up on the question of who went, which layout was best. There was very few Modern image with the 50s and 60s being the most common There were a few I would give high regards to. The 2 ground floor 00 layouts and that 7mm with that Garrett :lol:
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

My Mum (and me) really liked number 7 Queslett from the Warley MRC, built on comission to Virgin, but runs most things (inc GNER 91s and GNER Eurostar) it also had a high level local line with DMUs running round.
The thing we liked was the constant running at times, you didn't have to stand and watch for ages while the next train came along.

But one of the best also on the ground floor was 29, Halston Junction also from the Warley MRC, which was a BR Era Live Steam impresive length layout, which had 2 people constantly employed at the back toping up the live fluid!

and 125 Blea Moor was a nice looking layout, but got a bit bored after the train went past!

And if anyone wants a program, we ended up with a couple of spares, all un used!
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk