Edgware GN. One of Ivatt's 0-8-2 tanks.

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard, Tom F

Hatfield Shed
LNER P2 2-8-2

Re: Edgware GN. One of Ivatt's 0-8-2 tanks.

Post by Hatfield Shed » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:22 pm

manna wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:55 pm
... I did look at the O2 as a basis for the P1, but due to it's fragility, I passed it by... You could ignore the wheels and just fit a body and tender with pretty good results.
Quite apart from the 'delicacy' of the exterior mechanism parts of the O2, there's the 'interesting' constructional scheme to adapt an A1 boiler and cab unit for a fit. The boiler interior is filled near solid with a pair of castings with the motor sandwiched between, which the plastic body shell then closely covers. Not an 'adaption friendly' construction when looking to make a conversion. As above, refer to the O2 thread for much more information.

That apart, the visible powered mechanism and footplate - if the undersize driving wheels are acceptable - would do for a P1 lookee-likee, and the flush sided tender body is robust enough to take new upper sides, but will need replacement frames.

Before walking that road I am going to wait to see if Heljan will offer the GNR cab and tender version. Because if not, that's the first project on the basis of one of these...

Mersey508138
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Mersey508138 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Has there been anymore progress on the P1 locomotive.

Can't wait to see the finished loco.

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:07 pm

G'Day Gents

Sorry little progress has been made in the last couple of weeks, as life is getting in the way, I have managed to get the cylinders and valve gear hooked up, it 'rolls' but has a sticky point, which I haven't had time to investigate.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.