Edgware GN. What next.

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Edgware GN. Building another loco, a C12

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

GNR green (Shudder) I picked LNER black so it would fit in with all the other locos, I don't want it to be a shelf queen, the GC had a single in LNER black (I think) If I do go Green, I'd rather it be LNER green. Even if it is incorrect.

I had a very close look at it yesterday, and there is very little chance that I would be able to get a motor in it, there is so little room, I'll probably have to resort to a tender drive unit.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Black? The X4s were fully lined green, I think you'll find.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Just double checked, and you are correct, they were green........Hmmmmmmmmmm :wink:

Well, lets get the Bu**er running first.

manna
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

jwealleans wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 am Black? The X4s were fully lined green, I think you'll find.
Obviously manna is using rule No.1 lol
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Days pass and little by little things are taking shape, a chassis has been built for the resin coach, the Fox bogies were rediscovered and rebuilt, the underside of the chassis has been fitted with a couple gas tanks (she was always gas lit), the gas tanks were made from a 'tent' peg covered in plastic card, being heavy and very low down they add that weight just where it's needed, I have to leave it sitting on the sleepers, as it rolls very freely.

The Ivatt single, has been rubbed down, but the plastic is very hard, and dose'n't yield easily to a file or emery paper, so as a bit of a experiment, I'm going to give it a couple of coats of paint and then give it a rub down again, hoping the paint will fill in some of the lines in the body work..

I have painted the Single in wartime 'Grey', doesn't look to bad.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3240.JPG
DSCF3250.JPG
DSCF3246.JPG
DSCF3247.JPG
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Edgware GN. Building another loco,GNR A5 + others.

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

If you don't like the A5 in grey, how about black...................or green.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3254.JPG
DSCF3258.JPG
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

This last weekend was a public holiday, and our Model railway show, I met up with Woodcock 29, as he had some goodies for me, money changed hands, and I came away with a Gresley artic twin, an all third (suburban) and a Deal, full brake, a good half dozen kit built wagons were also included in the deal. The coaches are all kit built and not built very well, but they give you somewhere to start, roofs were removed (or fell off), bogies wouldn't turn, wheels were jammed, so a couple of days of intense modeling has given 3 new suburban coaches, I still have a few more bits to do.

The deal full brake, has been repainted into BR crimson, as it's a bit late for the LNER, and new wheels fitted, as it had been running with spoked wheels.
The goods vehicles have had couplings fitted to a couple of wagons, and a bit of a tidy up on a few.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3269.JPG
DSCF3270.JPG
DSCF3273.JPG
DSCF3274.JPG
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

A few more pics.

Also a 1st/third kit was included.

Work has been continuing on the A5, lots of rubbing down.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3276.JPG
DSCF3277.JPG
DSCF3278.JPG
DSCF3279.JPG
Woodcock29
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Woodcock29 »

Hi Manna
Glad you could make use of what you got on Sat. I think we'll have difficulty in getting rid of a lot of the other wagons and coaches, although another BRMA member came and got some wagons yesterday and the other Mailcoach Full Brake. The guy that built them had a layout but it was modular and he never had the space to assemble it so I don't think much if any of the stock had been run!

Happy modelling

Andrew
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Andrew, I did wonder if they'd been run much, as wheels had brake shoes that were touching the wheels, also on the all third, the under-frame bracing was touching the bogies and wouldn't turn, so I had to cut them down to allow them to rotate, all good fun though.

manna
Woodcock29
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Woodcock29 »

Manna

I even purchased three of the coaches myself - not that I have time to upgrade them in the near future as the list of projects I have to undertake is enormous. I got a BT + Lav Comp twin and a 5 compt BT none of which I had. I also grabbed a couple of Parkside Fruit vans which weren't too bad.

Andrew
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Andrew, sounds like you got a bargain to, always come in handy.

manna
Atso
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Atso »

Wow Manna, you've been busy! That's an impressive haul you got the other day. I really like the A5 but my favourite is the GNR resin coach body and under frame - just lovely! :)
Steve
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Sorry for the tardy reply, but I have been flat out like a lizard drinking, The first/third has been built, but the truss frame and the battery box were missing, so I had to make those, the A5 has been rubbed down and has been painted again.
The luggage all third, after many weeks of research, (well 20 mins) has turned out to be a NER, built ECJS vehicle, not a GNR coach, which has not put a dampener on my enthusiasm for the vehicle, a truss frame (?) has been made and fitted, plus a multitude of roof detail fitted, only the ventilators were bought, the gas lamp tops and some domed ventilators over the corridor were made out of plastic rod.

Three parcels arrived last week from my son, a large smile is etched on my dial at the moment, a couple of 'Schools motorized tenders were in the haul, a Lima J50, more on that later, a complete Hornby N2 chassis, which is for a Hornby N2 body I had lying about, a tender for the LMS, Stanier 2-6-0, a B1 tender, and a tender off of a kitmaster Stirling Single (borrowed for the A5, for the moment), some wagons, and sundry, chimneys, domes handrail knobs, all the bits you need for modeling.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3284.JPG
DSCF3288.JPG
DSCF3287.JPG
DSCF3283.JPG
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

A few more.
Attachments
DSCF3285.JPG
DSCF3286.JPG