Edgware GN. What next.

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Edgware GN.

Post by Bryan »

manna wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:09 pm G'Day Gents

I did kinda have a prototype in mind but it is a bit freelance, One of the guys on here owns a snowplough, is it Bryan? It's a North Eastern built one, I think it's kept either at Shildon or NYMR, Haven't seen him for a while.

manna
Yes it's me.
I don't frequent this site as much as I used to. Too much to do.
I do own NER Snowplough 18.
I moved it recently from the NYMR for a loan period at the Stainmore Railway at Kirkby Stephen.
It will be more available for public viewing there than in the PW yard at the NYMR.

About 2 years ago somebody did measure it up for a commercial model, but I have heard nothing recently.

As for Snowplough Designs 24 NER Snowploughs and at least 11 different designs.

18 and 20 are twins with 12 at Shildon as a conversion.
20 is at Beamish in the reserve collection.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Edgware GN. New loco, a J40.

Post by manna »

G'Day Brian

Glad your still around, I do worry a bit when people drop off the Radar all of a sudden. Nice to hear your plough is at Kirkby Stephen. I have to ask, how did you move it, by rail or road, it's not something you can tow behind your car ?

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

manna wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:12 pm G'Day Brian

Glad your still around, I do worry a bit when people drop off the Radar all of a sudden. Nice to hear your plough is at Kirkby Stephen. I have to ask, how did you move it, by rail or road, it's not something you can tow behind your car ?

manna
Moving by rail would be something!
Just relay the Stainmore route from Darlington and/or Bishop Auckland and then get all necessary permissions etc.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

drmditch wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:19 am
manna wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:12 pm G'Day Brian

manna
Moving by rail would be something!
Just relay the Stainmore route from Darlington and/or Bishop Auckland and then get all necessary permissions etc.
G'Day Gents

I know there used to be a goods yard at Kirkby Stephen ( I used to work through the Midland station). So it may have been towed to there for road transport to the East station. I will admit to it being a good idea to relay the line the Stainmore line.

manna
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Lots of 'Home' work has been done over the last week, New battery has been fitted in the caravan and it's location changed to make it more accessible and a new 'Solar panel' has been fitted to the caravans roof. A light bar has been fitted to the car, which will help in nighttime driving, and missing 'Roos' will become easier, although a daytime encounter with a 'Roo' was very narrowly avoided the other day. :shock:

Model railways have taken a bit of a backseat as a consequence, but things are still moving, some left over bits from a couple of TriAng Thompson Brake thirds have been bashed onto a freelance 4 wheel version of a BZ six wheeler.

A roadside meeting with Woodcock29, and the exchange of some $'s and a quick hello resulted in a couple (4) Kirk kits a LNER wagon book and some mags changing cars. One of the Kirk coaches is now being built, a Buffet, which will come in handy as I don't have one, the others are a vestibule ended coach, a pair of sides for another vestibule ended coach and a suburban brake third, which should keep me busy for a while.

manna
Attachments
DSCF5886.jpg
DSCF5887.jpg
DSCF5889.jpg
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Edgware GN. Beeching cuts.

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

The day had to come sooner or later ( later would be better) but Edgware has been closed, demolition, is about to begin, all stock has been removed and will be stored, all the tools on the workbench have been packed away. :(

That's not to say, I won't be building another layout in the future, maybe a year or two. I won't close this thread, I may still have some question on stock etc. I won't be leaving this site, although my postings may be reduced.

manna
Attachments
DSCF5896.jpg
DSCF5895.jpg
DSCF5899.jpg
DSCF5893.jpg
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

Too early for Mr Beeching, grouping period rationalisation perhaps, in the face of LU expansion?

Whatever, all the best with the changes ahead, and a hope that normal hobby time can resume when you are settled.
Chas Levin
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Chas Levin »

Hatfield Shed wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:07 am Too early for Mr Beeching, grouping period rationalisation perhaps, in the face of LU expansion?

Whatever, all the best with the changes ahead, and a hope that normal hobby time can resume when you are settled.
Seconded here :)
Chas
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Dave »

And here, don't leave it too long I will miss your posts, and your amazing conversions.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Thank you for your words of encouragement, I'd like to 'get back' into it asap, but it'll be a while. Annoying really as I have a couple more creations lined up.

manna
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Morning Terry,

Saw this on FB this morning and thought you might be interested:
294895041_3402617890025926_2139789043822318577_n.jpg
Mike Morant posted it and offered the following comnments: Pollitt designed F2 class 2-4-2T no. 7111 departs from Cranley Gardens station which is visible in the background. Cranley Gardens was on the Finsbury Park to Alexandra Palace line and was opened in 1902 but closure came on 5/7/1954. The depicted engine was an MS&LR design but was built by Beyer Peacock entering GCR service in April 1900. 7111 was a King's Cross allocated engine when this shot was taken and was withdrawn at the end of December 1950 never having been BR branded.

That first carriage is GE, can't make out the other one.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Thank you Jonathon, I did see it on Facebook, not a view you see very often, thank you.

As you can see, still around, been travelling around NSW and Queensland, many beautiful sights and interesting people talked to, I managed to see a very early diesel railcar in Normanton Qld, and mucked up the pictures completely. (Sorry) but you can Google it.
Didn't get to stay up there long, during a chat with my mum I realised that something was wrong with her, so I said 'I'm coming back' It took me two weeks and 5,000 k's to get there, during that time Mum had a minor stroke ( she has made a full recovery) probably brought on by trying to look after my dad who has Dementia. Trying to find a house to rent, as I've been working on the plans for another layout.

manna
Attachments
Coal train, Dalby. Qld
Coal train, Dalby. Qld
Gilbert River Qld
Gilbert River Qld
Passenger train, Jericho. Qld
Passenger train, Jericho. Qld
Woodcock29
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Woodcock29 »

Sorry to her about your Mum but good news that she's made a full recovery. What area are you looking to rent in?
Andrew
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

PM sent.

manna
Chas Levin
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Chas Levin »

Sorry to hear that, life events can be difficult, hope your parents are doing Ok now and that your modelling helps take your mind of worrying :)
Chas