DJH

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by rob »

Outstanding models,a pleasure to see work of this calibre-these have a really easy,natural quality-the sort of work that inspires and makes our hobby worthwhile-I'm quite in awe of these!I must say the photography is top notch as well and really gives that "have to look twice to be sure its a model " effect! Glad to have had an opportunity to see these,thanks.
daveinstoke
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by daveinstoke »

Funny thing is I have video footage of that particular Crostie double heading through Stoke with a Steel Train !
Dave.
Green Arrow
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Green Arrow »

How hard are kits to make, anyway? I might do one.
Nice N2 I've got here. Probably send it to 'The Cross'.

Green Arrow,
Darlington Sig Shed
bw1165
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by bw1165 »

There are kits and kits. If you have never built one I suggest something simple, like an 0-6-0 or 0-6-0 tank. DJH do a 4mm kit for the J10, for example. If you start with something like a Martin Finney etched V2, you are trying to walk to the Pole!

White metal kits can be glued together with epoxy or superglue. However, low-melt soldering is better, it makes a stronger job, and it isn't that hard once you've practised a bit. Etched brass kits pretty well have to be soldered, and it may be better to try building an etched wagon kit first, to get the experience. Some model clubs do run classes in soldering; alternatively if you go to one of the Gauge O Guild events, for example, there is always someone demonstrating. Ask to be shown how.