Goathland Station aka Hogsmeade trackplans

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

colin
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Goathland Station aka Hogsmeade trackplans

Post by colin »

Hi everyone,

I have just joined LNER and needed help in getting trackplans for Goathland station, have contacted station and they only have signalling plans. I am trying to do a Harry Potter layout with station, viaduct and castle. Hope someone can help.

thanks

Colin :)
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Probably only of limited practical use, but the plan can be made out on Microsoft's Virtual Earth:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2& ... e=h&lvl=18

Looks like three coaches in the siding, and a freight/service train to the south.

Just tried Google Earth, but N.Yorks coverage is generally poor. Seaton Carew is strangely hi-res, as is the general Leeds-Bradford area. Last time I looked, you could make out the high-viz shirts of a track gang working on the K&WVR!

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Bullhead
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Bullhead »

I think the three white-roofed coaches are camping/accommodation vehicles, and the goods stock to the south is the "demonstration" goods train.

If you look a few hundred yards further towards Levisham, there's a Goathland-bound passenger train visible - unfortunately, it's difficult to tell what's hauling it (there's no exhaust visible, so it may not even be a steam locomotive).
So - did anyone dare tell Stephenson, "It's not Rocket science"?
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

yes, google earth has a big duff spot over the York Area.

On Google Earth, if you follow the A64 towards Leeds/A1, you will see that it gets clear, and there's a house on the side of the A64, that's Nicks house, he owns the place next to us at work, and before we were taken over he was the Technical director.
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
colin
NER Y7 0-4-0T

goathland trackplan

Post by colin »

thanks for info guys, also found out of date page on google images for goathland trackplan (very small image) think I may have to widen my layout to 3 feet to fit in all of station, sidings, coal truck bit & goods yard. with a length of 5ft, bit bigger than I first thought. :o
Ben
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by Ben »

http://bens.fotopics.net/p28180740.html
http://bens.fotopics.net/p28180748.html

I hope these will give you a bit of an idea too, both directions from the road overbridge.
ImageImage
colin
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by colin »

cheers ben :D
Ben
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by Ben »

I have PM ed you colin, not sure if you got it?
ImageImage
GeoffB
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by GeoffB »

Hi Guys,

Just come across this thread and I've looked a Google Earth recently (one of the tutors at work raves about it), but, hey - great - MS virtual earth is better. I just looked at the Cleethopres views and zoomed in and I can actually see my railway in the garden - albeit about 5 years ago (that would appear to be how old the pics are) judging by the run that it takes - and that the B&Q new store is still the old Gas Board works.

But it's way, way clearer than Google. Thanks guys.

Regards,

GeoffB