OO gauge loco kits?

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: OO gauge loco kits?

Post by mick b »

What have you lined the wheels with ? looks excellent.
micmacmoc
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by micmacmoc »

Confession time, the wheels were painted by the wheel man John Cockroft, he did a lovely job. I know I could'nt have achieved anything like that. He's doing the A3 wgheels for my next loco right now.
Mark Jose
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Mark Jose »

Gresley P2 standard.JPG
Gresley P2 standard.JPG
After a lot of experience you can build kits like this that I built for clients.
micmacmoc
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by micmacmoc »

Thats fantastic!
Been offline for a while so only just saw this. Top notch. I have started an O gauge A3 'sandwich'. Will get some pics up eventually.
micmacmoc
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by micmacmoc »

Blimey....four years since I managed time on my A3. Restarted recently....the motion/valve gear is holding me up. I can't remember where to get the bolts/pins for the moving parts, you know the slide bars etc....a bit rusty on nomenclature. Anyway...it's an Ace model so not easiest. I hope I have all the time in the world so not bothered about the challenge!
Any help would be appreciated, I have been re-reading through this wonderful forum, thanks all.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

For brass pins you could try the Amati range of brass nails stocked by Cornwall Model Boats.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
micmacmoc
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by micmacmoc »

Thanks bud! Have bought some brass pins, but aren't they more likely to twist and bind than steel? Sorry been away from the model making so long even the simple things seem complicated. Slide bars coming along. Glad I didnt take the cash offered for my P2 as its valve mechanism is a exemplar at least for my needs! If this takes me ten years...so be bit.