Carriage drawings

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

50A
NBR J36 0-6-0

Carriage drawings

Post by 50A »

Hi Guys.
I am looking for drawings of the following NER coaches that were bought and used on the North Sunderland Railway. These are short 4 wheel coaches and I am looking to build them in 7mm scale.

Diagram 58
Diagram 61
Diagram X

I am aware of the outline drawings in Alan Wright’s book on the North Sunderland Railway (Oakwood Press); these are fine but have no dimensions other than the over-the-buffer length. I cannot see these diagrams on the Isinglass list either.

Anybody out there know of any other sources?
Andy
Suddaby
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Suddaby »

Hi Andy,

Have you tried contacting the NERA - I am sure someone there would know. Alternately what about the HMRS NER Steward?

http://www.ner.org.uk/
http://www.hmrs.org.uk/

Regards

Kevin
50A
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 50A »

Thanks Kevin.
I posted an email to the secretary of the NERA via their web-site - still waiting for a reply. I will try the HMRS though.

The drawings in the Oakwood book appear to be 4mm, so I have started to convert these to 7mm. I am concerned though in increasing the errors.
But a most people do not have vernier gauge eyes, the odd mm should go unnoticed.

Andy
rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by rob »

Hello 50A,
If you are building these in 7mm scale are you using the Connoisseur kits or scratchbuilding?Jim McGeown certainly does these kits reduced to 4mm,so they are part of his larger 7mm range for sure.He is a very helpful supplier and if the quality of his 4mm stuff is anything to go by his 7mm originals must be excellent-even if you are scratchbuilding he may be able to point you to where he got the information to produce the kits in the first place.He is at 01384 3714178,good luck!
50A
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 50A »

Hi Rob.
Thanks, I have seen that Connoisseur do manufacture these carriages, however, I fancied scratchbuilding them using the techniques outlined by David Jenkinson for the construction of the coaches.
I have yet to contact the HMRS, so that may prove positive.
Andy