Fort Worth Show Last Week

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Fort Worth Show Last Week

Post by richard »

Oh it has been a busy week - hence no new locomotives added this past weekend.

It was the Fort Worth 'Council' Show though, so I was running some LNER on the Tex-N layout. I am usually the only person running British stock at the local shows, and we're lucky if there's more than one person is an ex pat who knows his British stuff. Anyway, it turns out that with the Joint Strike Fighter work at Lockheed, there are a lot of Britons in the area, and a number saw my stuff. I even heard someone exclaim "An A3!".

The new stock generally ran well including the new Farish Mk.1s. I stretched the V2 to capacity for the first time. Still moving with 35 or so wagons, but clearly slipping. Taking ten loaded coal wagons off, and she did well. Lovely slow speed running, really looks good. Shame about the limit.

The J94 did well after a good clean, but I continue to have problems cleaning the Union Mills J39. I haven't acquired the knack of cleaning split pick-up engines. As I have aJ11 on order, I hope I get the knack soon!

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia