Track plans for ECML

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

GeoffB
NER J27 0-6-0

Track plans for ECML

Post by GeoffB »

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a good source of track plans/sketches for through stations of typical ECML layout (1935 - 1948 era) - not too complicated but not too simple either - for either 2 or 4 track.
I am rebuilding my garden layout and am putting a through station in that will lead into a cutting (with 4 tracks initially) a little further down. The plans or sketches will be used loosely in the build - just to get a "flavour" of the real thing.

Regards,

GeoffB
Colombo
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Colombo »

Geoff,

I have been waiting to see if anybody would offer you plans for the ECML. As they have not, may I recommend a book C.T. Goode, entitled "The York and Scarborough Railway" as an alternative. It was published in 1998 by Burstwick Print and Publicity Services, 13A, Anlaby Road, Hull, HU1 2PJ.

This gives track plans for all the stations and junctions on the route. This gives you good choice of 18 genuine NER station track plans, from the smallest to the largest you are likely to need.

The author lives at 72, Anlaby Drive, Hull HU10 7HX.

Colombo
GeoffB
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by GeoffB »

Colombo,

Thanks for that - that will be great.

As the build goes on, I will put some piccies on the forum. I'm picking up some C&L track components tomorrow for building turnouts, etc. I've just purchased Templot for making the track plans - a super piece of kit for virtually any scale that we may use.

Something to keep me occupied over the winter - apart from locos and rolling stock building!!

Regards,

Geoff.