postage costs

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

badwolf
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

postage costs

Post by badwolf »

Just a word about a certain supplier who shall remain nameless but advertises `include 4 first class stamps for postage` their words.
The item came after a fortnight with one second class stamp on the envelope leaving me to pay the postman £1.14 at the door, not amusing considering that I had already paid the postage on the contents.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

So why are you posting it here?

As an aside "postage and packing" is the usual way things are done, and packing does cost money - if you sell lots of small but delicate items on EBay (eg. model wagons :-) ) you'll probably appreciate this. Yes packing materials can cost more that the postage.

Other than that, you're not happy - fine. It isn't worth talking to Trading Standards for the amount concerned, but you know not to use them again.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
badwolf
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by badwolf »

my point is that an ordinary first class envelope costs 1 stamp, that is what they returned my item in with not even a padded bag , if it had been properly packed I wouldn`t have minded, I`m not a moron and I do know that packing costs money but to put it in an ordinary envelope and use one second class stamp is penny pinching by anyones standards.
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by 45609 »

Unless I'm mistaken I think Richard's point may be that the posting appears to have nothing to do with LNER modelling. Unless of course you're going to tell us what it is you have bought and who from?
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Yes, I'm in half a mind to pull this thread.

It appears to be off topic, and I cannot see what bad wolf intended to achieve with the original post.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia