Gresley J6

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Paul Acred
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Gresley J6

Post by Paul Acred »

Hi Folks,

I am getting on and not used to this computor business but here goes!

My first introduction to steam locos at 5 years of age was the J6.

I now make 5" gauge live steam models and wish to make a J6 as it is still my favourite.

I require drawing/drawings of only external parts of a J6 and tender preferably of the later Gresley than the Ivatt type.

Any help guidence direction contact names etc. would be most useful.

Thanking you in anticipation

Kind regards

Paul
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

London Road Models do a kit in 4 mm - you could ask him what his sources were. Isinglass would be my first post of call, either at a show or by email (if he has an address).
CVR1865
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by CVR1865 »

http://www.scalefour.org/london%20road/

click on this link and it will send you to the London Road Models page.
don't forget about the Great Eastern Railway
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by 45609 »

Paul,
If you want to get information about the LNER J6 (GNR J22) text and drawings then I'd recommend that you try to find copies of the following.

Books

Great Northern Locomotive History Volume 3a, written by N Groves and published by the RCTS. Probably still available direct from the RCTS

Locomotives of the LNER part 5 by the RCTS, out of print but can be found secondhand.

Drawings

Isinglass Models (aka John Edgson) does nice 4mm and 7mm scale drawings of the J6 but may not be detailed enough if you are a live steam modeller. His contact details are 20 Gallants Farm Road, East Barnet, Herts. EN4 8ET. Telephone +44 (0)20 - 8361 - 9080

Contact the National Railway Museum and ask them to send you a copy of the ex OPC works drawings list of LNER locos and rolling stock. I've just had a look through my copy and found that there is a G.A. for a J6 listed. The reference number is 4/GW/12049/E

Cheers,
Morgan