Modelling Introduction

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Modelling Introduction

Post by richard »

This forum covers LNER modelling in all scales - everything from Z to live steam model engineering.

As I am an N gauge modeller, I make no apologies about my posts tending to be biased towards N gauge subjects (if there aren't enough posts about your own scale, then you're not posting enough!). I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and I'm a member of the Tex-N Modular (NTRAK) Club (http://www.tex-n.org). So if you're at a show in North Texas (or even Oklahoma City) and see someone running N gauge LNER then it is almost certainly me!

I don't have a huge amount of rolling stock, but have lots of kits waiting to be built. In ready-to-run, I have a J39, A3, J94, and V2. All are Graham Farish (pre-/post-Bachmann) except for the J39 which is a Union Mills model. A Class 08 is sitting in paint stripper waiting to be repainted as a DES1.

I have the PD Marsh Sentinel Y1 kit built and running, but have kits of a J70, Thompson B1, and Gresley N2 all waiting to be built.

I also follow the philosophy of modelling what I see, so I also run some big modern Union Pacific diesels (SD90MAC43s) and the local suburban TRE (F59phi).

Richard