Make do and Mend - Three CCTs all in a Row

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard, Tom F

drmditch
LNER P2 2-8-2

Re: Make do and Mend - Three CCTs all in a Row

Post by drmditch » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:49 pm

Hatfield Shed wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:32 pm
I have been using GT85 PTFE spray, (Bike lube, plastics compatible) on Bachmann and Hornby plastic moulded underframes since about 2002, with no ill effects to date. Miniscule application is all that is required. I expect everything to roll away from rest on a true 1 in 100, and this cures even the most stubborn resisters, Hornby tenders with the same style in 'bearings', (but only once the pick up wiper 'brakes' are ripped out).
Many thanks. I will deprive my bicycle (the cleaning of which was to have been a task for today) of a very small amount of the GT25 PTFE spray!

The second in (construction sequence) of my Parkside CCTs No.1286 nearly rolled of the table r when I was trying to photograph it yesterday. The best/worst of my recently constructed vehicles for this is the snowplough - can't put it down anywhere!

Hatfield Shed
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by Hatfield Shed » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:43 am

The one I have used is GT85.

There is a GT25 lubricant, but I have never used it.

drmditch
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by drmditch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Hatfield Shed wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:43 am
The one I have used is GT85.

There is a GT25 lubricant, but I have never used it.
I did use GT85.
Just a small example of digital displacement.
Perhaps that could be the modern version of 'for want of a nail, a shoe was lost.....'

Since I'm not happy with the weathering on the CCTs and am still stuck on my control wiring, I need to make something nice and simple to cheer myself up. Might have to open the kits box!