Hornby's releases for 2007.

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Colombo
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Hornby's releases for 2007.

Post by Colombo »

I can reveal that a well known retailer has broken the embargo and published a list of Hornby's releases for 2007. I will not name the company.

There is very little for the LNER enthusiast at all. A none event!

The list includes the Blue Pullman, the rebuilt Scot and Patriot, The N15 King Arthur, the odd spam can, the Stanier 2-6-4T (which did venture our way occasionally), The Dean Single and the Caledonian Single. Other locos will appear in various new guises as well.

They will all be DCC fitted, without the option, except the N15.

Buy some nice kits.

Colombo
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed Blue Pullman lobbyists.

It's the 'new' Blue Pullman (FM Rail?) with a class 47 and two suitably liveried coaches.

I hope Hornby have distributed the tin hats.
Bullhead
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Re: Hornby's releases for 2007.

Post by Bullhead »

Colombo wrote:There is very little for the LNER enthusiast.
I can only hope - without much expectation - that in 2007 Bachmann may get around to producing a K1 and some nice 20T steel coal hoppers with lots of rivet and handrail detail (I'd buy dozens of the latter).
So - did anyone dare tell Stephenson, "It's not Rocket science"?
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

some nice 20T steel coal hoppers
I rather hope they don't - I'd rather see Parkside do them. Then you get the pleasure of the build as well as running them.

I also gather the published list isn't complete and there will be further announcements. But still nothing for us.