LNER & BR Liveries

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

tim
NER Y7 0-4-0T

LNER & BR Liveries

Post by tim »

Hello,

I've recently become a member and have learnt a lot from the forum already. Can someone help me please? I've always had a passion for A4 class locos and I'm in the process of modelling (oo scale) an example of every livery variation that adorned these beautiful beasts and I'm trying to get an exact colour coding for two:

1. Woodcock 4489. This ran for the first couple of weeks of its working life in paintshop grey, fully lined in white, with green wheels. I need a match for paintshop grey, can anyone help with this?

2. Immediatley after nationalisation in 1948, four A4's were painted by BR in an experimental ultramarine or purple livery. In my case, it's 60027 Merlin. Again, I'm trying to match this.

I've contacted Phoenix Paints but so far have not had a reply and I don't see either colour represented in their stock list.

Many thanks for any help you may be able to offer,
Tim