Bachmann (Carefull!)

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Bachmann (Carefull!)

Post by x568wcn »

Mid last year, whilst rebuilding my layout (one of the times) I had all my locos on a peice of flexi on the shelf above, and in taking V2 Coldstreamer off, the front coulping took Flying Scotsman off, which fell about 4ft on to the floor, and broke one of the front Cylinders, so I emailed Bachmann, and they said to send it down, and I gets a note through telling me that it's ready, and how much to pay.
I then bought a second LNER 8F off Ebay, and so sent the first one off to be serviced....and waited...and waited, then thought it was lost in the post.
Then last week, dated 21st, I got a note saying this is an attempt of many to let you know that we have completed the service of your loco..blah..blah...we have tried to contact you since 23/06/2006

It's the first I've heard from them...and I got another off ebay (I wanted another V2 really!) so now (when they open Jan 2nd) I will have 3!
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk