My models (some LNER)

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Re: My models (some LNER)

Post by Manxman1831 »

Thought I'd post a few more while I'm contemplating the next progression of the queue. Enjoy.
Attachments
I may have posted this particular one already, but I like it.
I may have posted this particular one already, but I like it.
Kitmaster/Airfix/Dapol Deltic, powered by twin Tenshodos and the centre of another thread on here.
Kitmaster/Airfix/Dapol Deltic, powered by twin Tenshodos and the centre of another thread on here.
My dad's F2, produced from the Millholme (?) F1 kit.
My dad's F2, produced from the Millholme (?) F1 kit.
Brian

Anything weird or unusual will catch my interest, be it an express or locomotive

I'm also drawn to the commemorative, let's hope Bachmann will produce 6165 Valour.
Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

Photos removed from Mick B's thread and some redone.
Attachments
3284 redone.jpg
4472 redone.jpg
10000 works shot.jpg
10000 tender.jpg
Brian

Anything weird or unusual will catch my interest, be it an express or locomotive

I'm also drawn to the commemorative, let's hope Bachmann will produce 6165 Valour.
Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

And some from the dark side...
Attachments
Think you might like this one BB.  From the VCT at Ingrow on the KWVR.
Think you might like this one BB. From the VCT at Ingrow on the KWVR.
Bradford steam tram loco, powered with a Tenshodo.
Bradford steam tram loco, powered with a Tenshodo.
Beefy
Beefy
Dainty by comparison.
Dainty by comparison.
Brian

Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

And to date my favourite rebuild - ex-Triang Churchill with cut-down tender and China mechanism underneath. Originally done to go with a representation of the funeral train, before prices got out of hand and put paid to the project.
Attachments
34051.jpg
Brian

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

That's a bit of a diverse collection, but enjoyable none the lest, :?: on the Shelia on the footplate, night shift on No 1 shunt would have taken on a whole new meaning :shock: :shock:

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up!

Many thanks for that. The Turbomotive, eh? Nice.
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

No's 1, 6202 and 10000 are all my dad's creations from bog standard kits. No 1 is tender driven with a Mashima powering the outer axles - will pull just about anything. 6202 is untested at the moment, but has a large Portescap so it might scream until it's drowned in oil. 10000 has the largest standard Mashima can - plenty of power to haul and as you'd expect with the Hush-Hush looks the business when running.
Brian

Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

Another project I'm working on and off on - converting an old Hornby Pullman that someone had tried fitting Kadee's to (marginal success I think) into the ex-Caledonian Railway Pullman observation coach "Maid of Morven".
Attachments
Resized Maid.jpg
Resized Maid 2.jpg
Brian

2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

That looks challenging - good luck! :)
Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

Structurally, the coach is nearly done. Just looking for Pullman transfers and name. Fox do a full set, but £50 is out of my league for the moment.
Brian

Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

A five minute video of some of the models running at Ruddington a year ago. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdj3zXCIJ7E&feature=plcp
Brian

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Nice to see the Reid working.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

A couple of items for folks to put their thoughts to if they feel inclined to do so -

1/ I've a mind to do a W1/3. A what if scenario - 10000 was a success as built and not tweaked to blazes. Gresley is impressed enough with the results to order a few more "improved" Hush-Hush's. I've a mind to put an A4 cab behind the water-tube wrapping, space the Cartazzi/Bissel arrangement to accommodate a larger firespace, but keep the iconic front-end with the 'wings'. Any other ideas would be most welcome.

2/ Loosely based from Graeme's original 4-8-2 build, I may make an attempt at producing my own valanced streamliner with a warship-themed name.
Brian

2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

Manxman1831 wrote:A couple of items for folks to put their thoughts to if they feel inclined to do so -

1/ I've a mind to do a W1/3. A what if scenario - 10000 was a success as built and not tweaked to blazes. Gresley is impressed enough with the results to order a few more "improved" Hush-Hush's. I've a mind to put an A4 cab behind the water-tube wrapping, space the Cartazzi/Bissel arrangement to accommodate a larger firespace, but keep the iconic front-end with the 'wings'. Any other ideas would be most welcome.

2/ Loosely based from Graeme's original 4-8-2 build, I may make an attempt at producing my own valanced streamliner with a warship-themed name.
Go for them both! Great fun! :lol:
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Well the LNER already have Castles, Halls etc so a little Warship wont upset the applecart too much :D
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.