Asenby St Peter

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Asenby St Peter

Post by earlswood nob »

Ally Pally sounds good, but that is the weekend that the Bluebell extension to East Grinstead opens.
If I can fit it all in it could be a great weekend.
Earlswood Nob
mossie
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by mossie »

Hope to be at Ally Pally on the Saturday, will try and say hello.

Regards

Richard
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Hopefully sunday, cu there if I make it !!
CVR1865
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by CVR1865 »

I shall be there on Sunday. Can't wait it seems to take longer to get round every year, really good show. Looking forward to seeing the layout too.
don't forget about the Great Eastern Railway
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

This weekend was the Cleveland MRC exhibition at Redcar and Asenby was in attendance. This is the first time I have operated it in its' newly extended format and the first chance I've had to take photographs. The scenery is still in progress and many of the electronic gubbins still at the head scratching stage but a weekend shakedown did it (and us) a power of good.

This shows you the new section - starting just past the bracket signal and taking in an extension to the factory, a new station and level crossing. The layout can be exhibited in three configurations; as here, with the fiddle yard behind the bridge or with the fiddle yard just part the factory. This last is the way it will be seen at Telford next month. For those of you who don't know him, Peter is behind the layout.

Some of the stock still needs fettling to cope with the curve, so it spent the weekend waiting at the junction.

I imagine this new-fangled stock must have got lost on the way to somewhere more important. The usual standard of age and discomfort was rapidly restored.

Thanks to Adam, Craig and Andrew who all gave us a hand operating at different times over the weekend.
Last edited by jwealleans on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Looking good Jonathan. I hope to see it again (and you) at Telford. It will be my first visit holiday planning hasn't been good since I got in to 7mm but it's on the straight and narrow now :D
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

A quick plug - Asenby has been invited to appear at Wakefield as a late substitute for a layout which was unable to attend. We're all looking forward to what is always a good show to attend as an exhibitor - as usual, readers are welcome to come along and say hello and if you happen to have something to run with you we're generally happy to oblige.
JASd17
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by JASd17 »

Jonathan I will certainly come and say hello at Wakefield.

Cheers, John
Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

I'll be there too, operating Andy Cooper's New Hay one of the days.
Tom Foster
Modelling the North Eastern Area of the LNER - 1935-1939
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I often go to the Wakefield show but I'm unlikely to do so this year unless I'm bribed rather heavily. Asenby appears to be the only layout depicting proper railways before the influx of diseasels and electrickery. The OO/4mm selection is particularly disappointing for me. Which layout has Asenby replaced?
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

Atlantic 3279 wrote:I often go to the Wakefield show but I'm unlikely to do so this year unless I'm bribed rather heavily. Asenby appears to be the only layout depicting proper railways before the influx of diseasels and electrickery. The OO/4mm selection is particularly disappointing for me. Which layout has Asenby replaced?
I must admit I was somewhat shocked the only 4mm steam layout is New Hay.
Tom Foster
Modelling the North Eastern Area of the LNER - 1935-1939
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

From what he says on the RMWeb thread, I guess it was 'Alloa' who we replaced. That is a 4mm steam layout (assuming I've Googled the right one), so it may be that he's had to find a replacement on the grounds of footprint rather than subject matter.

If you bring one of those funny shaped engines, Graeme, we can chuck it into a 5 plank and push it up and down a bit for you?
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I do know recall having noticed that Alloa was listed for one of the shows before C*****mas.

I'd have liked to see it again. Pity. I hope the "Jocks" haven't run into a problem.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
D2100
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by D2100 »

jwealleans wrote:... 'Alloa' ... is a 4mm steam layout ...
With diesels :wink:
Ian Fleming

Now active on Facebook at 'The Clearing House'
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

You're right - about 1:50, lined up at the back as if awaiting the cutter. Never saw one move.