Asenby St Peter

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Asenby St Peter

Post by Tom F »

Looking forward to seeing yourself again and Asenby Jonathan! Ill have the K3 with me too. ;)
Tom Foster
Modelling the North Eastern Area of the LNER - 1935-1939
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Good man, that's saved me reminding you. Bring your overalls, you might get a drive. Adrian and I are always very happy to take a comfy seat.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

If I manage to attend I shall come and rattle your cage too. I may have a resin item about my person also......
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Ooohh, Graeme, you are a tease.....
Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

I'll be there - along with the Ruddington contingent - on Sunday, and should have my case of 4mm big engines with me as I'll be delving into the supplies at 247 for bits and pieces. I'll say hello given the opportunity.
Brian

Anything weird or unusual will catch my interest, be it an express or locomotive

I'm also drawn to the commemorative, let's hope Bachmann will produce 6165 Valour.
Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

jwealleans wrote:Good man, that's saved me reminding you. Bring your overalls, you might get a drive. Adrian and I are always very happy to take a comfy seat.
I wouldn't say no Jonathan! :lol:
Tom Foster
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

If you're not careful JW you'll have people of all descriptions :roll: , queuing up (or pushing and squabbling) shouting "can I have a go?"

I bet Tom and Tim can guess who one of them would be too.........

Best say no more.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Not a problem, Graeme; one of my fellow operators is a bouncer. (Seriously!). Tom's got 'previous' on a layout we know.
Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

jwealleans wrote:Not a problem, Graeme; one of my fellow operators is a bouncer. (Seriously!). Tom's got 'previous' on a layout we know.
Indeed I have, which reminds me it's not long now until we both operating said layout up at Gateshead is it!

Oh and Graeme....I'm saying nothing! ;)
Tom Foster
vic
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by vic »

This layout is simply stunning, love the scenery.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Thanks to everyone who came and said hello, especially those bearing gifts. Other than a couple of Peco microswitches spontaneously self-destructing, we had an excellent weekend. Peter had some very good further invitations too, which we are looking forward to fulfilling.

Blackout, did you say somewhere that 'Eastwold' was your uncle's layout? I didn't get to have a good look at it until Sunday morning, by which time it seems you weren't there. However, if that was your uncle I was chatting to then you have no excuse for not sitting at his bench and absorbing what he can show you. There were some really nicely executed kit built locos and carriages on there - a Bill Bedford D 244 compo especially caught my eye. I directed our exhibition manager from Ely round there when he unexpectedly popped up in the afternoon, so I hope he's able to come one year.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

I'm pleased to say that Asenby has been invited to Alexandra Palace next March (25th/26th). A long trip but one which we're looking forward to.
Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

jwealleans wrote:I'm pleased to say that Asenby has been invited to Alexandra Palace next March (25th/26th). A long trip but one which we're looking forward to.
Now that is great news Jonathan. Have fun. Never done Ally Pally. Bit far for us Northerners. ;)
Tom Foster
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

You'd need to change engines at somewhere such as Grantham or Peterborough.....

jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Just a reminder about Ally Pally - some good LNER layouts there as well as ours. Look forward to meeting any members who are in attendance.