LNER Boplate E in N Gauge

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

LNER Boplate E in N Gauge

Post by richard »

September's Railway Modeller arrived in the post today, and there's an article by Richard Bardsley about modifying the Parkwood Models Boplate E bogie steel plate wagon kit. One of the modifications is to make the LNER unfitted Boplate E.

The models look good and it is tempting to make some. Does anyone have any pictures of these with typical loads on them?
I have Tatlow's "LNER Wagons in Illustrated Overview" but this only shows empty Boplates.

It needs Graham Farish diamond frame bogies, which I'm still looking for a source for. The article uses some of the new N-Gauge Society (NGS) bogies for later (BR) variations, but these do look a little different. No one here in Texas would notice if I used the wrong type, but I would know!

Richard
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I've traced some of the original Farish "Sulphate Wagon" bogies. These are also used on some of the other Farish articulated wagons.
In my parts box I have found an old Loco Coal wagon. I had to repair one of the bogies, but the bogies have now been fitted to a Parkwood Warwell kit.

I've managed to pick up some more off EBay, so I should be able to build a Boplate E.

There are at least 6 more on EBay at the moment if people are interested in scavenging them for the bogies...

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia