Farish 2007

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Farish 2007

Post by x568wcn »

Not impressed again, just the one LNER from them again...and it's Silver Fox in BR Green!

And they're doing the Eddie Stobart Class 66, when Bachmann only has the 00 rights, and dapol has the N rights, along with the tesco containers!

So I took things in to my own hands, and bought a langley B1 kit, and the A4 steamlining kit!

Mark t
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

What does the streamlining kit add? The skirts?
My B1 went together pretty easily but the casting quality is poor. I have the N2 waiting to be built, and the parts look to be much better cast.

As for Farish: Well, there's the big question of can they deliver on time? Dapol went for a few years with no LNER (except for two GPVs) before the Gresleys came out, and the only post-Bachmann Farish steam engine of any company has been the V2 - so I think we just have to wait a year.
On the positive side, Farish have just released the LNER brake van - an improvement over the Minitrix and Peco versions (albeit with QC problems with wobbly wheels in the first batch). Dapol also have Blue Spot fish vans on the way. Yes they're BR, but they're an evolution of an LNER design.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Yes the Streamlining kit is basically the skirts, but also controls and tender flarings, new chimney, although I can only find the double and not the single, plus details of vacume pipes, buffers and whistles that sort of thing, although you have to get the skirts right as Mallard is derailing now!
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk