Daves C & W Works

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard, Tom F

Dave
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Daves C & W Works

Post by Dave » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Touché, but you will never get away with it...prepare to repel boarders...how do you repel boarders....stop changing the bed linen, long live the Goons.
On a lighter note the usual gang of reprobates met at expoEM on Sunday in sunny warm Wakefield (it won't last you know), things were exchanged for money, and my dealer seemed happy, thank you Scottiedog. Thanks to Vernon Harrod for sorting out a problem with my valve gear on the D49, which happened quite by chance. Mr King brought his exceptional ECJS restaurant car. A great little show even though it was for the wide gauge mob, some of us oo plebs managed to get in past the doorman, looking forward to next years show, glad it's come back from Manchester.
Later I met Graeme Leary of this parish who had made the pilgrimage to the centre of the known universe all the way from New Zealand and was disappointed.

john coffin
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by john coffin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:24 pm

next you will want to repeal boarders!!!!!!!

However could Graeme be disappointed in York, its only a few miles from the real centre of
the universe in Doncaster, even though the council is trying to ruin it all.
Blooming goons again, or more likely Kenneth Williams as Ceasar
"INFAMY THEY HAVE ALL GOT IT IN FOR ME"

Hat and coat I think

Paul

JASd17
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by JASd17 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:19 pm

It's a Shambles. If you know where to look. I would be looking in the Minster Inn, The Maltings, The Ackhorne etc...

Good to see the 'usual gang' yesterday.

John

Graeme Leary
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Graeme Leary » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:10 am

Hi Dave,

It was a great pleasure finally meeting you (and imagine my glee at seeing you quote another of the great lines from Neddie, Spike and co). However I must correct any impression I may have given of being 'disappointed'. Never the case in and around York, or in fact any city/town/village/hamlet that happens to be situated in any of the Yorkshires. Although my grandfather emigrated to the colonies in about 1904 he came from Marsden in what I presume was then the West Riding but both Judy and I have a strong leaning to the North. (A quick tot up of where we've lain our heads shows some 75 different hotels/pubs around all parts of 'the' Yorkshires and we even planned our last night this trip in surely the greatest part of Britain, the Dales, before departing from Hull for Zeebrugge - so we strung out our Yorkshire stay to the max).

In the meantime I'll be doing my best to keep as close as possible portraying my little version of Yorkshire on my layout - so continue to expect rather esoteric questions to help achieve this (and thanks in anticipation to all who can shed light on any of my forthcoming queries).

Regards

Graeme