V2 Shed?

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

V2 Shed?

Post by x568wcn »

Having got a second Farish V2 Coldstreamer for a good price off Ebay, it arrived today, and after a few runs round, and about 2 hours after opening the package, I had it devoid of Name and numbers (all 3 of them), as I am setting out to built St Peters School, but not having the correct Yeadons, I am looking for the shed in the 1938-1940 era
But then again, looking at a thin book I have, it was built in 1939, and named 3rd April 1939, so just after that then. Was it a York engine all it's life?
Ahha, there it is. It was named at York station on 3rd April 1939 and allocated to the York Depot............september 1959 leaving it's home city with a northbound express!

Anyway, looks like Jackson Evans have the plates, just got to source the correct size and colour numbers!
Might have to wait and see Fox for the numbers at the York show (which I've offered to help out at on the Monday again)...oh and a York shed for the front!

Hmmmmm
Last edited by x568wcn on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Colombo
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Colombo »

Mark,

Some time ago I supplied a photo of the actual St Peter's plate preserved at the said school, and Fox's made the plates for me. I suggest that you email them to check if there are any left.

Regards

Colombo
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

the one I have at said School is the diesel one, fox don't do any N gauge V2 plates, but Jackson Evans have them.

Having said that, I have a spare pair of Coldstreamer plates now!!
Attachments
st peters.JPG
st peters.JPG (9.6 KiB) Viewed 3761 times
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Jackson Evans don't do them in 2mm!

or as the reply said;
In a message dated 18/02/2007 10:45:38 GMT Standard Time, enquiries@modelmasterdecals.com writes:
mark@americanpie.me.uk
Sorry, no

Best wishes
Jim at Modelmaster
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk