Bill Bedford J12 components

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Bill Bedford J12 components

Post by rob »

For those of you following the GC locos thread,a package with a revised set of etches for this loco were in the coal bunker when we got home yesterday(local postman is an improvisational genius,and this has become the regular routine if the front door is locked!).I should be painting the previous four locos but couldn't resist getting started.There were the long anticipated castings too,more accurate than the odds and ends I had picked up,though not including buffers (I'm using GN tapered,cast,from Craftsman-quite similar)or springs-these are etches but I'm planning another route.I have one chassis at the bolt together for motor fitting stage,one footplate assembly almost done and both boilers rolled.It looks a very feasible project with the irony being that I am "dumbing down" etches that were originally prepared for a finescale builder and that is slowing things down-most people have the opposite problem!Will add the odd bit of news as I go along,slowly!