Leeds Central Model - Lincoln (Newark) show 25/26 Feb

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

LNER4479
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: Leeds Central Model - Next stop Nottingham.

Post by LNER4479 »

Bring on the Atlantic and the clerestories - up the revolution! :lol:
(recreating pre-war Grantham in model form http://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9076.
Forthcoming exhibition appearances: Newcastle (Nov 2023); York (Easter 2024); Bristol (May 2024)
Robert the Devil
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Robert the Devil »

Flying Fox 34F wrote: Robert the Devil mentioned a shunting puzzle on Mini Grantham!

No he didn't but maybe 'Robert' (the Devil) did.

Perhaps LNER 4479 can explain how the confusion arose? :roll:
35windsorlad
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by 35windsorlad »

Don't forget most of the smelly deisel's have an irrating sound system,the Deltics sound ACE,this is however not as good as 60139 and 60001 coming into the terminal also with sound.

Did I hear someone say they would like to see BOB the Sod,well he will put in an apearance on the layout at some time but in a dirty greeny colour with those wonderful smoke deflectors that made the pacifics look so elegant yet aggressive.

Leeds Central will be in the Next issue of Model Rail (March 13th),so have a good read then come and give some usefull constructional criticism.

Graeme will the one in the LNER green T shirt the rest will be sensibly dressed.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

35windsorlad wrote:Leeds Central will be in the Next issue of Model Rail
and for those wandering around the school at NOTTINGHAM bewildered as to the whereabouts of the various exhibits, I understand that THE BACKSTAGE AREA IS THE PLACE TO LOOK.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

In that case I hope they've fixed the leaky roof.....
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I'll look at the weather forecast before we go.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by 60156 »

jwealleans wrote:In that case I hope they've fixed the leaky roof.....
The leaky roof was on the stage, Leeds and Grantham are in the room behind the stage.
Nottingham East Midlands Model Railway Exhibition
Saturday 21st March Sunday 22nd March 2015
Hadden Park High School Bilborough Nottingham
http://www.nottingha...railway.org.uk/
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

See it dose rain in the UK..................sometimes :lol: :lol:

manna

PS, Good luck with the exhibition
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
AJ427
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by AJ427 »

Leeds Central will be in the Next issue of Model Rail (March 13th),so have a good read then come and give some usefull constructional criticism.
I'll by sure to buy that since I can't make Nottingham. Good luck with the show.
AJ in Bradford

My Ivatt N1 3d printed models available here http://www.shapeways.com/shops/AJModels

My Great Hotton Blog (Bradford-Queensbury Lines 50s) https://ajmodels.wordpress.com/
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

After all the moaning that went on last year about the bewildering layout of the show, the quagmire parking field and the lack of alternative parking facilities, I think the Nottingham Club deserve nothing but praise for this year's event. It is a great pity that an even greater number of visitors were not in attendance this year to see what the club has achieved. Given that the current venue (which is quite simply the best one that club can get at present owing to the reconstruction of the sports centre) isn't ideal as it cannot be arranged to have everything in obvious locations in a single hall, best use was made of the spaces that were available. Okay, the arrangement of the show was still described by some (those who were first-time visitors I imagine, or those who have no navigation skills/memory whatsoever) as a "rabbit warren", but all visitors, whether or not they bought a show guide, were given a plan of the exhibition. Plenty of prominent yellow signs indicated, for those with "eyes to see", the location / direction of "more exhibits" when these were not in immediately visible locations. Movement across the open spaces between the main groups of buildings was not a test of endurance of cold weather and frequent rain as it was last year, in fact it was a very pleasant weekend compared to typical March weather. For me, returning for a second year and not therefore handicapped by simple unfamiliarity with show, it was a doddle to find my way around. There was no problem with with cars sinking into a Somme battlefield!

All in all I thought it a well organised show with good exhibits and trade, very much a credit to the organising club who, as usual, looked after exhibitors luxuriously! Any traders, exhibitors or paying visitors who decided not to go this year based on bad experiences last year (or merely on sensationalist reports of last year's show) really have missed out on a good event. I thoroughly recommend the show to all in future years.

LNER4479
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by LNER4479 »

Hear, hear! Well said that man (and I'm sure not all influenced by the two awards you picked up...one of which could be considerably improved by the addition of some resin details)
IMG_8564_LR.JPG
(recreating pre-war Grantham in model form http://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9076.
Forthcoming exhibition appearances: Newcastle (Nov 2023); York (Easter 2024); Bristol (May 2024)
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

One or two pictures from the weekend, first of all the van loaded and ready to go on Friday. This picture makes it look like the aftermath of a bomb, although it was in fact all securely loaded so as to arrive in good shape...
Layout in van, or after a bomb.JPG
Before the crowds arrived on Sunday morning, while Grantham was still under its duvet...
STA79250 waiting to go, Sun am.jpg
STA79251trainshed.jpg

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

STA79252 trainshed 2.jpg
STA79253 inside.jpg
STA79254 inside 2.jpg

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

STA79255 throat.jpg
STA79256 throat, eye level.jpg
STA79257 awaiting duty.jpg

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

STA79257 awaiting duty, close-up.jpg
STA79258.JPG
STA79261 brkt signals and water cranes.jpg