Leeds Central Model - Lincoln (Newark) show 25/26 Feb

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Leeds Central Model - Lincoln (Newark) show 25/26 Feb

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Although "Leeds Central Shunting Manoeuvres" and "Leeds Central Track Diagram" already appear on here as separate topics for those who wish to check, I thought neither title quite appropriate for posting some progress-so-far pictures of John White's new Leeds-Central inspired exhibition layout, due for its baptism of fire at Caistor in October. I have some interest in this layout, as it is likely to be the stamping ground for one or two of my loco conversions, including the second Great Northern, just about complete now. I'm also responsible for for the platform canopy valances, in resin, so if there's owt up with those, blame me - I've volunteered to help John to show the layout, so you can have a go at me about any faults in my work "on the spot" if you like. John was kind enough to allow me to take these pictures last night, in return for which kindness I have omitted the shot of him looking his best holding the halogen floodlights for me to take evenly lit pictures.....

Last edited by Atlantic 3279 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
S.A.C. Martin

Re: Leeds Central Model

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

That looks utterly superb. Instantly recognisable as Leeds Central, with the position of the signal gantries and the curves out to the right. Thanks for sharing Graeme, this looks like it will be a cracker and a half.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 60800 »

I can't wait to see it :)

I'll make sure to say hi this year too :oops:
36C - Based out of 50H and 36F
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Dave »

It's looking good...keep us posted
60129 GUY MANNERING
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by 60129 GUY MANNERING »

John's previous/permanent layout "Trentham Junction" is a superb layout which I have had the pleasure of seeing,it was in the BRM magazine about 4 years back and also appears in the "Model Rail" DVD "Creative Modelling" along with another layout he built,but its name escapes me at the moment.
Good job you didn't include the photo of John :mrgreen: as other Young impressionable people like myself may read this thread.

Kind Regards from Grantham.
davidwest
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by davidwest »

Looking really interesting Graeme.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Looks great, but where's the C12's and N1's

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Good point - rest assured, they will appear.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up!

Fantastic - please keep us posted!
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

manna wrote:where's the C12's and N1's
John tells me he also has an N6, J6 and maybe an N2 organized too.

Station roof now "mucky grey" and unless new information is received to the contrary, the running-in boards for the portrayal of late fifties / early sixties will be the tangerine NE region variety.

I still think he should have some station announcements too, not just "chuffing" DCC locos. I'd love to hear that a certain train would be calling at long-closed stations such as Chickenley Heath or Drighlington and Adwalton.

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Thats a very good point Atlantic, and as you say something never heard, on a model railway, easily done with a cassette recorder and a speaker under the layout, the hardest thing would be holding your nose and drinking a pint of milk while you try to enunciate, some of those long gone stations................ :lol:

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 60800 »

Dosen't the Gainsborough model railway do recorded station announcements at the KX end?
36C - Based out of 50H and 36F
Atso
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Atso »

Great looking layout there! 8) Can't wait to see it finished!
Steve
Tony.
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Tony. »

Amazing... :O :D
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

looking a great master piece developing there

will certainly be giving it a good viewing in October, not been to the Caistor show for a few years so over due me thinks
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired