ECML Cutting - building a garden railway continued

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

GeoffB
NER J27 0-6-0

ECML Cutting - building a garden railway continued

Post by GeoffB »

Hi All,

It's a while since I posted anything on the forum - been extremely busy building the cutting for my garden railway. I posted the start of the build a while back and for the last couple of months or so, along with a good friend doing the brick work, we have been hard at it getting things ready to build the sides and the tunnel - which entailed a lot of major building work in the garden to accomodate it. The total length of the cutting and the tunnel is just over 32 feet.

Anyway, as it is now getting to look something like, I thought I would post some of the piccies we took yesterday morning when the sun decided to shine for once!!

The grass sides are in plastic grass, bonded onto uPVC cladding - all done for minimal maintainance over the next few years - I hope!!

What remains now is to finish the cutting ends with the grass and to complete the tunnel - the main work is done - just the cosmetic bits to add to finish.

The line (O Gauge) will be run on DCC eventually - so the steam and smoke is only that of a "cheating" photographer.

The A3 in the shots, is a Bachmann, awaiting finishing with lettering/transfers, a crew and coal - along with weathering, etc - the picture shows it with the Scotsman plates, but it has been bought in this form (banjo/GNR tender, etc) for representing Salmon Trout - the plates are on order, but I couldn't wait to do the pics!!

GeoffB
Attachments
ECML_Cutting_1719.jpg
(269.26 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
ECML_Cutting_1720.jpg
(215 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
ECML_Cutting_1721.jpg
(263.22 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
ECML_Cutting_1739.jpg
View along the cutting from half way - a road over bridge will be added later just before the cutting end.
(251.6 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
ECML_Cutting_1723.jpg
The J72 stands in the goods road while the A3 roars past one the min line. An N2 passes the other way with a few local fish vans.
(211.81 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Green Arrow
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Green Arrow »

Wow! That's brilliant! What is the A3's name?
Nice N2 I've got here. Probably send it to 'The Cross'.

Green Arrow,
Darlington Sig Shed
GeoffB
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by GeoffB »

Hi GA,

In the piccies it is Scotsman, but it was bought with the banjo and GN tender to be Salmon Trout. Just got to get the plates then everything else can be done to finish it off. I have another one that is awaiting painting and is finished as Scotsman.

Regards,

GeoffB