GE section coach formations

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

GE section coach formations

Post by jwealleans »

Can anyone point me to a source of information about typical train consists on the GE section early post-nationalisation? I want to built a rake of 52'6" stock and am looking for something 4 or 5 coach, cross-country. Ideally with a photo showing it calling at Thurston, but that may be over optimistic.

I have Michael Harris' works on the subject but while excellent for the detail he doesn't go much into set formations. Steve Banks hasn't covered it in his Model Rail series either.
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

I was flicking through one in the NRM today whick showed side elevations, and top elevations underneath, abiet very small, with and engine and 3 coaches accross the page, the page I looked at had an A4 at the front, and the observation car at the back.
Don't remember the title, or the artist, but I'll go again tomorrow (always something new to see, and you get to know the staff!)

Would like to built the ovservation can me sen, abiet in N Gauge!

But now I know the layout, (from memory) there's the Gaurds section, then the observation car, with the mail section in the front half.
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk