N gauge 'Beaver' wheels

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Atso
LNER A3 4-6-2

N gauge 'Beaver' wheels

Post by Atso »

Hi all,

I recently won some n gauge driving wheels on a certain online auction site. They are/were made by a company called Beaver Products and feature see through spokes. Has anyone heard of this company? Can they be contacted or do they even trade anymore?

Any help will be most appreciated.
Steve
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I see that you've received an answer on the N Gauge listserver.

For the record, it sounds like they are owned by ABS. The tooling survives but is considered uneconomic - the last batch took a long time to sell.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Atso
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Atso »

Hi Richard,

Yes I was surprised how quickly I got an answer from the listserver I've tried to contact Kitkeys (ABS retailer/owner) today but with no success. I was wondering if I could convince them to produce a small batch, would anyone else be interested?
Steve
johndaymodels
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Re: N gauge 'Beaver' wheels

Post by johndaymodels »

I realise it's been a while since the original post but if anyone is interested I have bought the N Gauge Beaver Products range from the late Adrian Swain's estate (A. B. S. Models), I can be contacted through my website using the 'contact' form.

http://www.johndaymodels.co.uk

Daryle Toney.