Tomy/Tomix

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

heh, that's great! if they did that for all of them, there'd be some real home movie potential :)
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Percy's new, so the others might get done in time.

My usual supplier on ebay has non at the moment, although they were't selling too well!

I have however found lots of the stock from other countries

http://collectables.search-desc.ebay.co ... eNameZWD2S
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

that stuff looks great, but I model in 00 guage, and I don't really like the hornby models that much (apart from a few, like the Great Western engines, and Bill & Ben), but I do have a hornby percy and a Bachmann starter engine that I hope to convert into Thomas.

I think if I ever make my layout fully anthromorphasised, I'll make up my own engines :) or least make faces that I can swap for proper smokebox doors when I please 8)
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

search on ebay for Bachmann Thomas, they have the licence in the USA, and they actually make the engine, and they have moving eyes, same problem with the Tomix slightly bigger scale, the Bachmann ones are HO

http://search-desc.ebay.co.uk/search/se ... arch&fgtp=
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

well, seeing as I've already got the starter engine, I thought I'd challenge myself 8) besides, my ancient hornby 0-4-0 thomas has a better face than the Bachmann one in my opinion, so I thought I'd try to sand it down to the right diameter for the bachmann one and stick it on that :P

I sound crazy, don't I? :wink:
Atso
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Atso »

x568wcn, what are the overall dimentions for the coaches Herny pulls? Any thoughts on their conversion potential? One side looks reasonable for turing into some non-corridor stock.
Steve
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

It's huge, the Scale is taller than Uk N gauge, and this picture shows a standard UK Teak next to Henry's Coach (sat on the bombed Sir Ralph Wedgewood!)

Disscounting wheels and buffers it's 136mm long 20mm wide and approx 18mm high

Hope this helps
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk