Paul's workbench

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard, Tom F

nzpaul
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: Paul's workbench

Post by nzpaul » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:58 pm

Thank you.
No, you haven't missed anything. The kit was second hand and not in its original box so I don't know who manufactured it. It needed quite a bit of cleaning up and there are a few holes that need filling if that sheds any light on it.
I've googled pictures of both kits and there's not much to tell them apart when they're finished, nothing I can see that distinguishes one from the other.
Perhaps someone with first hand knowledge of both could tell from the pics. :?

Cheers
Paul

nzpaul
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: Paul's workbench

Post by nzpaul » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:48 am

Hi All
A slight change of pace over the last few weeks. I had the pleasure of a visit from Graeme L and he asked if I'd be willing to assemble a Judith Edge EB1 Electric Loco kit for him. Most of my own builds are waiting for paint at the moment and the weather has been too cold, so I cracked open the EB1 box and made a start.
At first the kit seemed pretty intimidating but after reading through the instructions and clearing up a few foggy issues with Michael Edge himself I got busy and, one piece at a time, I've arrived here.
I have to hold up for a while as I'm awaiting a power bogie and wheels to arrive and don't want to close the body in until I figure out how all that is going to go together.
Thus far it has been quite pleasant to work on, fiddly bits here and there but all fitting together as it's supposed to.
EB1_4.jpg
Cheers
Paul