P2 update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Re: P2 update

Post by Kestrel »

Had a phone call from said emporium this afternoon, "We have a P2 for you". So a quick dive under the Royal Blue Mersey, got there for 6:30pm et voila, an R3207. Bits and pieces in a bag inside with edged nameplates with the instructions 'attach using blu-tack'. It's a model for God's sake, not a child's toy. The two year wait is over!!
GeoffBird
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by GeoffBird »

Hi, I'm not having much luck with that Emporium in Liverpool. Firstly, in October they sent my pre-ordered P2 out to someone else because of a cock-up with their Credit Card system. The latest message from them this year reads "We have been advised by Hornby that the delivery date for this loco has been postponed until some time in 2015. Due to the ongoing ambiguity on the status of this loco from our supplier we cannot be more exact with a delivery date at this time." I've no idea now when one might appear. Has anyone else any more knowledge of Hornby deliveriy status?
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

That's exactly what happened to me. In the end I kept on ringing them, giving them hell saying I'd been waiting for 2 years, in the end they said they'd put me top of the queue and when they came in I could have one.

re: the credit card, their excuse was that things are done automatically and if there is a problem with someone's card, the 'system' automatically goes to the next one.

As I'd said before, there was a problem with my card, they e-mailed me, I replied within an hour but it was too late.
lnernut
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by lnernut »

I received one via a very circuitous route just before Christmas.

A mate was doing some business with a Chinese consortium and was presented with a P2 as a gift (they knew he was a railway enthusiast). He models only SAR and Union Pacific stuff and so passed it on to me as a very welcome Christmas present.

I have no idea how/why, but it appears they must be available in China somehow.
Martin
GeoffBird

Post by GeoffBird »

Does anyone know where a R3207 is available at present? My ex-favourite shop in Liverpool has no idea when a new Batch might appear.
Sniffer
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by Sniffer »

I'd try going direct to Hornby, that's how I finally got mine.
(Admittedly last October.)

Because it's postage free the price works out fine.
Re-open the Leeds Northern northwards !
Seagull
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'
Location: Between a cheap railway station and a ploughed field

Post by Seagull »

The Hornby website does not list the R3207 version of the P2 anymore, my guess is at present they don't intend to do a re-run.
The last time I saw one advertised was on the Locomotion website and that was sometime before last Christmas.

Only the R3246TTS sound equiped and R3171 Railroad versions are shown for pre-order, with expected delivery dates of September & August respectively.

The only place I would expect to see the original P2 version now would be a certain auction website and that at a grossly inflated price.

I figure Hornby may well do a 2007 Prince of Wales to cash-in when the full sized one is due to make it's first appearance.

Alan
Playing trains, but trying to get serious
teaky
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by teaky »

GeoffBird wrote:Does anyone know where a R3207 is available at present? My ex-favourite shop in Liverpool has no idea when a new Batch might appear.
http://www.boswells.co.uk/hornby-r3207- ... ery/p20062

They have three at £120.
Seagull

Post by Seagull »

teaky wrote:They have three at £120.
They sure went fast!
The selected item is currently unavailable
Alan
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

teaky
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by teaky »

Seagull wrote:
teaky wrote:They have three at £120.
They sure went fast!
The selected item is currently unavailable
Alan
Something odd going on there. They still show as available this morning. Though Mick found a much better deal.
GeoffBird

Post by GeoffBird »

Thanks to everyone, especially Mick who found the be best bargain. I rang up and spoke to the lady who said they would send it off to me in Austria today. The firm is based at EASTLEIGH; so I wonder how the P2 got there but perhaps it will be ideal for buying the Hornby MN when it comes out next year (I hope)! Best regards. Geoff Bird
Seagull

Post by Seagull »

Eastleigh Models has listed another one £99.99

Alan
GeoffBird

Post by GeoffBird »

My R3207 has now arrived safely in Austria from Eastleigh. All I need now is the table exchange equipment to fit to the tender side. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of such a thing? I have a Bachmann model of a S&D 7F which has a very nice example of the Whittakers equipment. Was the LNER équipment similar? Cheers.
GeoffBird

Post by GeoffBird »

Not in the 2015 catalogue and Hornby have just sent me an E-Mail stating "Unfortunately we have no further plans to produce any more R3207 Cock of the North". Glad I managed to buy one at a reasonable price.