Clifton Shed plan

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Clifton Shed plan

Post by x568wcn »

Does anyone know of a good plan of Clifton Shed in it's hey day, or is it in Railway Memories No1 York, as I only have No5 Return to York, and it has a sketch plan of the network with only the later 2 roundhouses, and the larger 1937 O/S map is only outside.

As I've always fancied a small layout, but I want the big expresses flying past (the problem with Easingwold I'm afriad!) so I have an old board (funny shape shelf from where the railway now is, and my first circle of N Gauge was on this shelf!!) and I fancy doing a shed, possibly BR (more available!!)

Although thinking of a truntable, with tracks round, in a shed, that would be quite a bit of my board!

Hmmm..
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Colombo
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Colombo »

Mark,

I know just the thing for you.

The North Eastern Railway Association have published booklets of LNER shed diagrams. You want volume 1, which includes York North Shed. ISBN 1 873513 09 7. It also includes about 40 other sheds in the Southern Division of the NER. Basically, every one in Yorkshire.

It is a spiral bound photocopied style of booklet. It is not expensive. You can pick it up from the NER Association stand at Exhibitions, or through their web site, I presume.

Colombo
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

That sounds great, I just can't find it!

I won't give up though!!
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Colombo
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Colombo »

Mark,

Go to http://www.ner.org.uk/.

Select Publication list.

Scroll down to Diagram Books.

There you have it...Locomotive Shed Diagrams.......you want volume 1.

It costs £5.50 by post. You had better put your skates on, everybody will want a copy!

Colombo
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Many thanks, I didn't find that site, I got stuck on http://www.drcm.org.uk/Content/Ken+Hool ... iation.htm

Cheers
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Arrived today many thanks, an excellent read, and if I had the space, I'd be putting in for the whole of the north end, from the station to Leeman Road.

Now, if I have enough room for North shed, I need a 46, 50, 60 & 70ft set of turntables then.
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk