Bachmann possibilities

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Bachmann possibilities

Post by Tom Quayle »

While visiting Wigan MRS I talked with the Bachmann representertive about locos that were going to be released and the result is that I know know there will be a crosley 9F within a few years. As for the O series of 2-8-0s he just give me a blank look. Has anyone had the plesure of going to one of these stands and had the same responce. I then went on to explain to him that the O1 etc 2-8-0 would use basicly the same chassis with different body moledings and wheels and his answer was there was not the tooling opertuinities of something like a 9F and as for the reply to that there is at least 6 options with each and 7 in the case of the O4 because of the amount of plates and stuff fitted to 63601. As for the other 6:- BR black pristine both crests, BR black weathered both crests, LNER black weathered and pristine whats the problem. Maybe it was just the representertive he seemed a bit dumb lol
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I'm not sure of all the option variations/etc that you mention, but you would think that there was a much bigger market for a GCR/ROD O4 in its original version rather than the unsuccessful Crosti 9F rebuilds.
I guess if you already have the tooling for a 9F, then a Crosti rebuild is only a partial re-tooling.

There would also be lots of livery variations which should increase the market with relatively little increase in development cost.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia